The Psychology of Driving Paperback – 20 Oct 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
A large number of research articles are referred to, with the authors reasoning as to why the research is or is not useful. There are explanations of statistics for some studies and why they can say whatever you wish, depending upon what you are trying to prove.
Oddly enough I found the section on fatigue a little tiring to read, but the section explaining why hands-free 'phones and non hands-free are just as dangerous as each other was interesting. The section on elderly drivers and why they aren't as dangerous as young drivers (except for problems at junctions) was also very well written.
The final section, about new developments in car technology and why they should be a cause for concern gave pause for thought too.
An excellent book, although its probably best to read it in small bursts.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Reference
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Reference > Transport > Automotive
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks