- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Psychodynamic Counselling in a Nutshell Paperback – 14 Mar 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Well written and thoughtfully structured, this highly accessible, lively text offers the reader a contemporary and comprehensive introduction to psychodynamic practice. Howard provides lucid explanations of core psychodynamic ideas and skills rooted in engaging clinical illustrations. It will be an invaluable companion both during and beyond training.'
Professor Alessandra Lemma, Trust-wide Head of Psychology and Visiting Professor
'The book will be of especial use to trainees as well as to practising counsellors and others working in the welfare field. I recommend it highly.' - Larry O'Carroll, Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths, University of London
From the first edition: This is a more than useful little book. The pitch and voice are unpretentious, and the content, quality of information and degree of educative material are balanced and interesting -
Journal of Analytical Psychology
From the first edition: Small but perfectly formed. Susan Howard… has struck an easy balance here between theory and practice. She neatly illustrates key concepts such as transference, counter transference, making interpretations and so on, with succinct case examples. [The] 'mysteries' of psychodynamic counselling are unpacked with a clarity that has been lacking from many texts in this field. All [topics] are covered without jargon or oversimplification. Indeed, this is probably one of the clearest and therefore most informative texts I have read on the subject' -
`Size-wise, these books span an open palm and have a very handy flap on the back and front as an integral feature of the cover which can be used as a bookmark. They are concise, yet thorough, providing introductions to the key elements of the theory and practice underpinning major therapeutic approaches… [An] ideal 'intro'… I would recommend these books because, 'in a nutshell', they work' -
About the Author
Susan Howard is Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist. She works on the Clinical Psychology training course at the University of Surrey, and in private practice as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist and supervisor.
Susan Howard has also written the popular title, Skills in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Psychoanalysis > Theory
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z