- Audio CD (19 Sept. 2011)
- Number of Discs: 3
- Format: CD+DVD, Box set
- Label: Edsel/DMG
- ASIN: B005906780
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Audio Cassette | Vinyl | MP3 Download
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (20 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 62,005 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Psychocandy CD+DVD, Box set
|Price:||£12.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
* Since Psychocandy was first released in November 1985, the Jesus And Mary Chain's debut album has received a massive amount of critical acclaim and is now widely regarded as a classic. Regularly featured in articles on classic albums, it has recently appeared on the NME’s list of the Top 50 Greatest Debut Albums Ever and Q Magazine’s list of the 100 Greatest British Albums, and continues to exert a considerable influence on contemporary bands. * This deluxe expanded edition features all the non-album b-sides, as well as previously unreleased demos, rare outtakes including controversial early track “Jesus Fuck” which the pressing plant refused to manufacture at the time due to the blasphemous lyrics – it is heard here for the first time, the complete BBC Radio Sessions the band recorded for John Peel in this period (including their legendary 1985 acoustic session) and the seminal debut single “Upside Down”, the release that put the nascent Creation Records on the map and immortalised in the recent documentary film of the same name. * The DVD features the promo videos for the singles released from the album alongside seminal and previously unreleased TV appearances, including their jaw-dropping live TV debut on the Old Grey Whistle Test, a performance of two songs on The Tube, a studio performance and interview from Belgian TV, and never before seen footage of the infamous riot at North London Polytechnic – this includes excerpts of the band’s performance on the night, highly entertaining interviews with all four original members, and scenes of the crowd destroying the venue! * The 32 page booklet contains exclusive new interviews that tell the band’s story in their own words, including an extensive contribution from Psychocandy-era drummer Bobby Gillespie, who went onto fame as frontman of Primal Scream, and the first ever interview with elusive first drummer Murray Dalglish, along with rare memorabilia and previously unpublished photos.
Top Customer Reviews
The music itself? Well, I understand that it has just been re-issued and re-mastered which says a lot in itself. It still sounds great, perfect pop underneath a torrent of guitar and drums, fresh as ever, youth captured and held. It deserves its standing as one of the finest debut albums of recent times. What else is there to say but buy it!
Great music, but the quality control on offer here is amongst the worst out there for vinyl.
The Mary Chain just happened rumour has it their demos were on a tape which had Syd Barrett on one side and them on the other, Bobby Gillespie (The Wake) listened to it and got Alan McGee involved and some Malcolm McClaren-style marketing later, they were the next controversial band. The Reid brothers wrote the material and were joined by Douglas Hart (bass) and Gillespie (Moe Tucker-style drumming), and with this album set the template for many bands over the following years - The House of Love, Ultra Vivid Scene, Primal Scream (who would cover `Darklands' and have Reid sing on `Evil Heat'), The Stone Roses, Ride, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Teenage Fanclub, The Vaselines, My Bloody Valentine, The Heart Throbs, Spacemen 3, Moose, Curve, Chapterhouse, Slowdive, The Boo Radleys, Brakes (who covered `Sometimes Always'), the Black Rebel Motorycle Club, The Kills, Singapore Sling & AR Kane. Predictably some of these acts would surpass the Mary Chain, but this album is key and as significant as `Revolver', `Never Mind the Bollocks', or `Never Mind.' It should be considered along those indisputable and influential classics and I can happily report it still stands up these days.Read more ›
I would have preferred the lp on its own on disc one, with the b-sides on the bonus disc instead of the demos which I don't really care for
At least Some Candy Talking has been rightfully removed
In this crucial way the music differs from most of the output of the industrial genre, in that it has a trance-like, hypnotic quality. My favorite tracks on this seminal album include Just Like Honey, The Living End, The Hardest Walk, Sowing Seeds, My Little Underground and the sublime You Trip Me Up, a poignant blend of the tender and the ominous.
Psychocandy is a successful experiment in blending feedback with melody, creating atmospheric and always tuneful soundscapes that linger in the mind. Those who like Mercury Rev or My Bloody Valentine will love this classic album which takes rock music to places it's never been before.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I had to re-order the original copy of Psychocandy as some of the tracks were faulty. Unfortunately the second copy was also faulty, with different tracks being un-playable. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Linda Seymour
Great album, sound is brilliant but disk was covered in marks. Item returnedPublished 11 months ago by A. Hockley
The parcel was delivered to me (JAMC - Psychocandy - cassette). Music is not played (glitches) on the tape.Published 16 months ago by Tim
Excellent repressing that sounds amazing and takes me back to my formative years.Published 17 months ago by Mr. G. K. Edwards
The review isn't for the music, I love the Mary Chain and this album is one of my all time favourites. Read morePublished on 15 Aug. 2014 by Chay Parsons