on 8 December 2010
Having toyed with the idea of applying to do mental health nursing for some time, I felt the need to get a book that would introduce me to what I was getting myself in for. I chose this book because of the positive reviews it has and I was not disappointed! The layout is easy to follow and ideal for dipping in and out of. The various different chapters give you a fantastic insight into the work and requirements of mental health nursing. I am now definitely going to apply and am keeping everything crossed! Would recommend this to anyone who has an interest in mental health.
on 12 October 2009
This book is a must for mental health nursing students. It is so useful and covers absolutely EVERYTHING! I decided to purchase this as it was always on loan at the library. It is easy to read and understand, and it really has helped me. A great purchase!
on 1 May 2013
So far this book has being my bible for my course, has everything in it that I need for mental health nursing! very much recommend it for anyone starting their degree full of knowledge and referencing and even examples of scenarios! BUY IT!
on 25 February 2014
This is probably the definitive work on modern psychiatric nursing, with a bias toward therapeutic engagement and person-led or recovery-led approaches. If you get only one (which would be stupid, let's be honest) get this one.
on 25 December 2013
This is a brilliant book to take a mental health nursing student through their three years of study and training. A well documented book and a good read, full of very useful information to help with assignments and work placemet.
on 1 August 2014
Amazing book for the price I paid. I have referred to this book continuously while studying for my mental health nursing degree.
Would definitely recommend to anyone interested in mental health recovery.
on 18 February 2012
this is an excellent read and one of the best for students.
I have used this in every essay i have wrote and i am able to refer to it continualy throught my placement.
regards Lizzi
on 2 January 2012
Bought this book for an assignment on recovery and used it for reference. Well written and easy to understand .... Explains tidal model of recovery in detail
on 13 April 2016
This book has everything in it.... Would 100% recommend to student mental health nurses!!!
I tend to use mine for references when writing assignments as its size makes it a nightmare to carry about.
on 12 December 2016
Fantastic book which is easy to follow providing any mental health nursing student with all the information one could possibly need.