Customer reviews

Psoas Book
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 May 2017
Item in good condition. Thank you.
on 12 May 2009
This book is a straightforward read and will change the way you think about your body and your health. It is a great introduction to Liz Koch's unique understanding of the Psoas muscle and the importance of maintaining a healthy, fluid core. Having followed her work for many years it continues to be a valuable reminder of Liz's insights. For me, as a therapist, it is refreshing and a relief to find a different way to work with the Psoas; most importantly, that it can and should be with a non-invasive approach.
Attending a workshop with Liz provides a profound, experiential expansion on her written ideas and an increased body-awareness.
on 16 November 2007
I absolutely recommend this book to yoga students and teachers. It has changed my yoga classes lesson plans and my yoga students are advancing in their practice. I wish it had been a core book for my yoga diploma. Cant praise it highly enough. Simple diagrams, easy to follow complete with exercises that will fit into any fitness plan. Just get it before it goes out of print.
on 7 June 2010
I was eager to get this book as I wanted to learn more about the subject matter; however, though the book undeniably deals with the subject matter, I found the book disappointing for a number of reasons:

First, the layout - the typeface is arial, which is very hard to read; the text should be set in a serif typeface to allow the eye to follow the flow of the text more easily, leaving you free to concentrate on the content. The diagrams are nowhere near their reference in the text and you have to flip back and forth to find them. The diagrams themselves need to be clearly labelled in order to identify the various muscle groups to which the text refers.

Second, the structure - though the content is detailed and extremely interesting I found that the book didn't flow well and jumped about the subject matter. It felt more like a student's dissertation, complete with spelling mistakes and poor grammar. The fact that the diagrams are not clearly labelled or annotated reflects this as, to get the best use out of the book as it currently stands, you need a second book on anatomy to understand the diagrams. This detracts from what would otherwise be a very useful book. The book should be self-contained.

The book really needs to be properly edited and published. If the errors are corrected and the layout given a more professional look and feel, then I would have no hesitation in recommending the book without reservation. As it stands, the book requires you to fight with the content to understand it.

If a further edition was published which corrects these errors I would happily buy it. The book is a valuable addition to this area - it just needs refinement.
on 16 June 2014
I bought this as part of my greater understanding of yoga. It has very good diagrams and simple text. I had borrowed a friend's copy and wanted my own. Arrived quickly and in good condition.
on 17 November 2013
If your interested in physiology of the pelvis and its function on the entire body. This is what you need to read.
on 6 April 2011
I felt cheated and for the price and information I got out of this book. I was finished with it within half a day and got only one useful information from the whole of it. For tha price, it don't think I would recommend anyone to buy! The pictures could at least be colourful and better!
on 3 June 2015
Great book. Very precise. I totally agree with Liz Koch.
on 23 January 2016
This book is amazing and we should all read it.