on 12 February 2015
Have been using it for a year now. The touch seems to have been affected and there is more friction when dragging along the screen. Also not greaseproof.
on 26 February 2014
I echo the reviewer who stated that the red tab is in the wrong place. Those of you that have a Nexus 5 know that the camera, earpiece and sensor are at the top of the screen and these screen protectors have a hole for each. However, to apply a protector properly, you have to go from the bottom and therefore increase the chances of the holes not lining up.

I have gone through all three protectors in an afternoon trying to apply them properly, with none being aligned properly. I would certainly be wary of this fact before buying these - I'm now having to double-dip and get something else.

The protector itself is of very good quality and will certainly protect the great screen of the Nexus 5.
on 31 December 2013
The Anker screen protector is well made and of high quality. I have tried some generic brands and they just don't do justice with the application process and protecting the device in a satisfactory condition. Anker provides everything you would need in the package including the screen protectors, the fiber cloth, dust sticker, bubble removal card, and detailed instruction.

The application process is simple and straightforward. Just follow the directions and it'll make sense. Keep in mind that you should make sure that the area where you would be applying the screen protector is clean and as dust free as possible, and also wash your hands with soap and water to remove any oily residue which could adhere to the side of the screen protector which makes contact with your device. I generally use an eye glass cleaning solution and the micro-fiber cloth to clean the device screen and to make sure that it's crystal clear and dust free. Then, I peel one side of the screen protector and start from a corner of the device to use as a guide to align it properly.

As I've mentioned before, the quality of the product is superior and long lasting and it's evident when you use it. In my experience and with my use of Anker products, Anker does not only makes great quality products but they stand behind them and they make sure satisfaction is met or they make it right. If you are unhappy or have an issue with the product, get in touch with them and you'll have a solution or a replacement in no time. By the way, the Anker portable battery chargers are awesome! Enjoy!
on 22 February 2014
I'm an avid anker fan when it comes to screen protection having previously purchased items for my nexus 7 and iPhone. I have found them easy to apply and incredibly hard wearing.

This product, whilst of the usual quality you would expect was really difficult to apply because the red sticker you have to peel back to apply the cover to the screen is at the wrong end. The nexus 5 has 3 holes at the top that the screen needs aligning with. Common sense dictates that you would start to apply the cover at the end with the holes. For some reason known only to anker they have you start at the other end so you only realise you are marginally out of alignment when you reach the other end of the phone forcing you to pull back the cover to realign. Each time I did this the screen or cover became contaminated forcing me to start again. I used all 3 covers provided but I'm still not happy with the finish. The edges have lost their sticky as I had to touch them a little when realigning.

I should add that I've never had to use more than the first cover supplied as they've been so easy to apply. Please switch the red sticker to the end with the holes!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 December 2013
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.

I'll break this down into sections just to make it easier for quick analysis for those who do not want to read through a whole review..

Packaging: 5 Stars
As always, Anker's product packaging is top notch. A nice secure packet, stiff enough so that the screen protector are protected and aren't able to get bent.

Contents/Instructions: 5 Stars
Upon opening the packet, you will be greeted with everything you need to successfully apply the screen protector. You get an Anker branded cloth to wipe the screen / bubble remover card / dust remover sticker and instructions in case you aren't familiar with the process. They supply 3 screen protectors, in case you get an application wrong, or perhaps over time, you may want to replace it due to scuffs. Spares are always nice to have, so that's definitely a +1. Instructions are very simple/clear to follow, there shouldn't be any confusion even for a customer new to screen protectors application.

Product: 5 Stars
Application of the screen protector was very easy, helped by the fact Anker supply the extra Dust remover sticker, not many screen protectors give this, and I would resort to using sticky tape. Not much difference using sticky tape, though a nice touch from Anker to give you one. The feel of the screen protector is nice, not grippy like others, smooth finish, no issues of 'orange peel' feel, fingers glide effortlessly when swiping etc. Though my one issue is that the packet clearly labels the screen protectors as a Matte finish, though it's no where near Matte. It's a clear screen protector with a smooth finish. This is why I am giving it a 4.
I've had attempts at scratching the screen protector, using keys to rub against it, and so far it has withstood the key test. I cannot say that I am applying 100% pressure, as of course, I don't want to actually damage my device that sits underneath the screen protector! I've applied as much as force as I would expect it to receive in real life situations, and it has survived without scratches.

Pros:
Has cut outs for camera / speaker / sensor.
Perfect fit.
Feels nice and quality.
Thin enough to not affect cases.

Con:
Not Matte finish as stated.

Overall, the screen protector is a good product. The pricing is spot on, for the price, you cannot get much better. The product is well made, and materials used are obviously of high quality. My only grip as mentioned several times is that the product is not actually Matte, unless I received the wrong screen protector.

I hope this review helps customers decide if this is the product for them.

UPDATE: I've been informed by Anker that this screen protector comes as a transparent/glossy Matte as standard and not the other matte/textured finish. I've updated the Product rating to 5 stars, as the product is correct. Really would have liked a Matte finish though, but cannot take a star away because of personal preference.

Thanks,
on 14 March 2014
I always begin by buying a screen protector for my new phones, then either discard them immediately as they're too awkward to fit, or leave them on for a while then discard because they look awful. These Anker Screen Protectors for the Nexus 5 are really very good, and nothing like the ones I've had in the past. They're finished with a 'matt' type effect which means they don't smudge and ruin the look of your phone. Similarly, they do not seem to distort the phone screen at all - I'm still amazed by the quality of the Nexus 5 screen. The protectors are made from a heavy-duty material, and as such mine has not been scratched, scuffed or torn in the three weeks its been on the phone. Also, the fact that they're made from a heavier grade plastic means that they fit onto the phone easier - or I thought so anyway.
This is a very good product.
on 16 December 2014
This product is not Matte at all, I can still see my reflection clearly just as before without the screen protector.
I have 2 matte screen protectors for my old iphone 4 and my ipad and they are MUCH better in direct sunlight. this is porduct is useless
on 29 March 2014
I chose this rating for different reasons. It met the information advertised, it turned out to be a very high quality product that does the job anyone could wish for perfectly. The package is great, comes with the 3 screen protectors, as well as a guide on how to apply them, a tool to remove bubbles and a sticker to remove any dust that might settle in either the screen or the screen protector. The protector turned out perfectly placed on my phone with the helpful help (haha) of the guide and the tools.

I can't think of anything bad at the moment. Even the price is completely amazing for the product in question.

As for recommendations, I would absolutely recommend it to ANYONE needing/wanting a matte screen protector for his Nexus 5.

Has my seal of approval.
on 2 April 2014
I've had differing experiences with screen protectors on a variety of Apple and Android devices. Normally the sight of a tiny bubble or speck of dust trapped under the screen is enough to make me tear it off and throw it away. These Anker covers come with all the things you need to do the job properly. A little cloth to clean the screen with. A lightly adhesive sticker to pick up the dust that's left, and a small plastic card to help you push any bubbles out. Also like the fact it comes with three protectors, so you don't have to get it right first time. The matte finish is nice, and gives the screen a pleasing tactile feel under your finger and reduces reflections on the screen.
on 12 March 2014
As everyone else has mentioned, the holes should be at the end where you start the sticker, which would make it far easier to put on. Another problem I encountered was that when I tried to take the second side off, the whole thing came off, wasting a cover.

The protector itself feels a bit weird to get used to if you haven't had a matte one before- there's more friction and it felt slightly tacky to begin with. Used to it now though, and happy that my screen is being protected!