on 8 August 2013
I'm coming to rely on Anker for quality S4 parts and accessories. They make the best screen protectors I have used. Better even than the media devil ones and much better value. They come with all the trimmings you expect from premium screen savers including a much better microfiber than I'm used to and they fit very well.
on 14 April 2017
Great product just as described
on 5 June 2013
These are a perfect fit and I found them easy to fit without bubbles. My screen is crystal clear and protected from scratches. If you do make a mistake the film is easy to remove and the pack contains three.
on 23 December 2013
The film was very clear and very smooth, so it is not noticeable during use. Very easy to apply. Would recommend for novices in screen protection application.
on 12 April 2014
Screen protectors for tablets and phones have become so cheap of late that the temptation is to buy one, for your potentially expensive gadget. I've used many screen protectors in my time and paid varying amounts for them. The more expensive something is, doesn't always translate to it being better; this is especially true with screen protectors. I've so many times paid over the odds in the past for a "premium" screen protector and I've found them to be overstated and not only poor quality but a real nightmare to apply; the end result is they go on badly, full of trapped bubbles, and remain on for about half a year if you're lucky before they get binned.

Then steps in this Anker product. I paid a little more than your cheapo protectors but a very reasonable fiver for 3 protectors. I actually thought "that's good because I'm sure at least one will need to be ripped off and binned in anger before attempt 2 or 3 to get a good bubble free (or as close as possible) finish.

They turned up on time and upon opening I was immediately impressed with the packaging and furthermore the attention to detail (you get a reasonable squeegee card, a decent size quality microfibre cloth, a sticker for removing fluff/dust just prior to sticking on the screen protector and a small guide - as well as your 3 protectors).

I made the impulsive decision to go straight to it and apply the first protector (expecting it to be attempt 1of 2) and by using the cloth and sticker I managed to get a perfect fit with the first attempt - no bubbles!. In fact I'd managed to line the protector on near perfectly (which rarely happens) and upon peeling the backing off it actually stayed there (so many times I've accidentally peeled the protector off whilst doing this and subsequently fudged it!).

The protector has been on a week now and you can hardly tell it's on. The screen is in no way spoilt by it and all marks so far gathered are easily wiped off, so far no scratches!. I will be back to Anker upon next requirement - here's hoping the quality control remains!.
on 8 July 2014
Excellent product!! Ive tried a few different screen protectors over the years but this one is far the best. Easy to put on, with no air bubbles or anything. Comes with an excellent fitting kit to get rid of dust and air bubbles. I have had problems with some other less expensive screen protectors and some more expensive ones too. But this is the best i've tried so far. Definitely worth every penny. Dont waste you money on cheaper rubbish or over priced crap! Even bought this product for my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. Fitted it excellently. Cant even notice its there. Definitely highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 24 January 2014
Review for: [3-Pack] Anker Screen Protector Film (Ultra Clear) for Samsung Galaxy S4
**************************************************************
pro: Thin and lightweight, reasonable thickness.
cons: Nowhere near as thick as the premium brands such as zagg, tech21 etc

bottom line: Reasonable protection, excellent value for money

Some of the `softer' protectors like the zagg are trickier to work with, but the Anker like many other pet screen protectors was very easy to work with. Whilst I don't doubt this will not give anywhere near the protection of Zagg or other protectors, its a good middle ground. Use this to protect the screen against scruff/keys etc. If it gets damaged the screen is still good, so you can peel the old one off and reapply a new one. Hopefully you'll still have two spare ones for this purpose.

If your criteria is better protection consider tempered glass screen protector or a premium brand pet screen protector, which can be a lot thicker. But also consider is it worth buying super expensive screen protector if the cheaper versions are sufficient? Would it be better to save on the screen protector and spend that on the case instead? Horses for courses.

Its the first time I've used Anker, and I am very happy with it. In fact I have recently changed my phone to a note 3 and ordered another Anker one for that too.

**************************************************************

This item is titled, "Highest-Quality Japanese PET Material +Retail Packaging" Whilst I would say its a decent screen protector I wouldn't go as far as `Highest quality Material'. I have bought a large number of branded protectors over the years, from Zagg, Martin Shields to Tech21 etc, and used a large number of unbranded ones too on many different devices.

I happened to have a tech21 for the note 2 from my old phone lying around so I was able to compare them side by side. Although both protectors are super thin, you could very easily tell that the tech21 was *much* thicker. Looks like you really do get what you pay for. However at the price of the Ankers, you could buy multiple packs and it would still be cheaper than the premium brands, if you got a scratch, you would just rip it off and put another one.

Having said that I was just looking for a cheap and cheerful protector for smudges and light scratches. With the cost of the Anker ones so cheap, I got both the matt and ultra clear. Having used both I do actually like the matt one. In very bright light your reflection is dimmed, so its less of a mirror, which can be distracting. More of a personal taste thing - some would say the matte reduces the vibrancy of the screen too much, but for me matte was just right, although the matte does have a slighter rougher surface than the ultra clear.

Applying the protector is a reasonable affair. Pretty much the same as most protectors - if you don't prepare, you will mess it up. Luckily you have three in a pack so you have a few attempts. For me I have picked these tips after watching numerous videos over the years, and trying them out myself;

1. Apply the protector in a dust free environment - I tend to do it in the bathroom, on the toilet lid!! No bear with me - run your shower, bath to get a nice steamy environment - this can reduce the levels of dust (you still might get dust, but it will be a *lot* less likely).

2. Prepare a dust removal tool - all you need is a pen/pencil and sellotape. Wrap the sellotape (regular sellotape not the cheap brand which might leave residue) around the top, (non writing end), of the pen/pencil so the sticky side is facing out, and you have your own home made dustie :-) You then just dab the pen/pencil on the areas that might have picked up dust with the sticky end. Sometimes its worth having two of these - if your lifting an applied protector - use one dustie to lift the protector, and the other to dab at the trapped dust, although nothing stopping you using the same one. There was a stip of adhesive suppled with Anker, but I prefer my sellotape - getting set in my ways - danger of old age!

3. Wash your hands! - I always wash by applying soap on *dry* hands first, work it in and then wash it off (a trick i learnt to clean car grease off your hands after working on the car).

4. Have a small bowl of water to hand when you start the process - use this to dip the tips of your fingers in whilst you're working the screen. Some people even recommend mixing in a drop of washing up liquid in this - if you do, make sure its a very small drop! On one application I got a beautiful finish, unfortunately i must have put a big drop and the end result was a rainbow effect if you tilted the phone in the light at a certain spot, so now i just use water.
Whilst you're working the screen dip the tips of your fingers lightly in your water, so its wet (not dripping) to avoid leaving any fingerprints etc.

5. Dry lay your screen protector on the device so you orientate it correctly and work out the correct positioning - not all screen protectors cover the bezel (around the screen). The Anker does not fully cover the bezel (the black bit around the screen) on the sides, and does not go to the phone edge at the top (this is pretty normal for most protectors), but the Anker does cover the entire screen (unless it wasn't perfectly aligned). So work out the positioning first.

6. Start the process by cleaning the screen with a lint free cloth - one is provided with the pack, but you can also use any cloth similar to what you would clean your sunglasses/specs with. Dip fingers in water and sprinkle a few drops on your screen - remember the majority of mobile devices aren't water proof so dont go overboard!! Don't push any of the drops towards any ports or speakers - prob wont be very good for the phone! Clean with the cloth.

7. Remove about a quarter or less of the backing (for the side attaching to the screen) and carefully position the screen protector - some people like to work from bottom up using the home button to help positioning, myself I prefered using the top for the s4, using the top right hole to help positioning.

8. Moving slowly gradually remove the rest of the backing you started removing. Don't worry too much about air bubbles at this point - its the bubbles that form from trapped dust that are the big problem. If you come across any dust bubbles - stop. Lift the protector back and dab with your dustie to pick up the dust/hair etc. before continuing, its these dust bubbles that can ruin things for you. The most important part in this stage is removing any trapped dust and making sure the you align the screen protector correctly. If you get to the end and its not straight you can lift the whole thing and start again, but its a pain, so try to avoid that.

9. Once fully applied, unless you're a super expert, or super lucky (I'm neither), you may need to lift again to either reposition or get rid of any dust. At this point you will usually have one or more air bubbles. Using the card provided (any hard cardboard/plastic card will do the job) slowly push the bubbles from the centre towards the nearest edge. You can also do this with the lint free cloth. Some of the smaller air bubbles may not budge, tilt the phone to the light to make sure its not dust trapped underneath. If its not dust, you can either lift, dab with dusties and reapply, or you can leave for a week or so. Some of the smaller air bubbles will tend to go by themselves, but trapped dust never will and if its not aligned so it falls on an edge of the phone this may cause a stubborn air bubble.

10. Remove top protective layer, polish with cloth and you're done.

The whole process can take anything from 5 minutes to an hour, depending on your progress and whether you have done this sort of thing before. Personally, it usually takes me between 20 - 30 minutes, because i like to take my time over it.
on 16 October 2013
There must be skill to putting these on and it's one I don't have. I used up all 3 extremely carefully placing the item and applying it exactly as the instructions and it was still impossible to get rid of a ton of tiny air bubbles near the home button. In the end it didn't matter as the protector is too small for the screen (which people have not mentioned or bizarrely are not bothered by
EDIT : once I followed the guide on how to do it properly, they fit perfectly with no bubbles. Thanks the the excellent customer service for helping me with this.
on 2 July 2013
I will first start off by stating that I received this product to test and evaluate and my opinion is not swayed because of this. My review is fair and honest.

Now lets talk about this product. I have used other screen protectors before and some were good and some were not so good. This one is by far the best one I have used. It comes in a 3 pack so if you mess up and get fingerprints on one, don't get angry or frustrated. I actually put on some latex gloves to make sure fingerprints would not get on the screen or the protector. I cleaned the screen off with the microfiber cloth and did not have any dust on it so I followed the instructions and applied the screen protector. It went on perfect the first time and I only had to scrape/move away a few small bubbles. You would never know there is a screen on it except when you look around the home button and up top around the camera and flash. It did not diminish the quality of the picture of this great phone. I would suggest for the price and having purchased other things from Anker that this is a great deal and something you should not pass up on if you have a Galaxy S4. Another great product from Anker! Keep it up
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2013
I had just about given up on applying a screen protector on my Samsung Galaxy S4, as I kept fumbling with various screen protectors and decided to leave the screen without protection.
However, as I also ordered Anker's 5200 battery for the S4, I saw this product by chance and thought to give it a go.

First of all, it's great as you get 3 protectors thereby giving you the chance to remedy your mistakes. I had it almost perfectly set on the first go, but had a dust speck and tried with the 2nd protector (I failed to notice the provided dust removal sticker which I would have tried however, I forgot about it as I was applying it) and it came on perfectly.

Having tried various other screen protectors from other big brands, this is the best experience so far with regards to applying the actual protector. Also it doesn't feel weird while using the touch screen as I've experienced with other protectors and the Super Amoled screen is perfectly clear.

Amazing product Anker, I can only recommend it to others who always fumble with protectors and hate applying them, the process is much easier than other protectors and it actually serves its purpose.