- Check out our Jewellery store for timeless classics to latest fashions.
- Save on a huge selection of men's, women's and kids' jewellery and accessories in our Jewellery Deals store.
- All silver tends to tarnish so you should clean and wear your silver jewellery regularly to help maintain its shine and prevent tarnishing. Shop now for jewellery cleaning products.
Protective Eye (Oval - Evil Eye) - Handmade in Greece. Sterling Silver 925 - Melina World Jewellery 4003
|Price:||£45.00 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£3.00 (6%)|
- Handmade in Athens, Greece.
- Inspired by Greek, Olympic and Mediterranean art, culture and history.
- Our jewelry fits European brands sharing the same idea, such as Biagi, Chamilia, Pandora and Trollbeads.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Brand Name||Melina World Jewellery|
|Metal Stamp||925 Sterling Silver|
Customers Who Bought This Brand Also Shopped For
The Protective Eye is to protect against the Evil Eye that is believed by many cultures to be able to cause injury or bad luck for the person at whom it is directed. At almost every stages of human history, man has looked for the assistance of magic objects called talismans to defy evil forces. Talismans with letters, numbers or abstract signs have survived to this day. Even the modern religions with a single god have their own symbols. One of these symbols we find in almost every culture and faith for thousands of years. It's the figure of an eye. Belief in the evil eye is strongest in the Middle East, East and West Africa, South Asia, Central Asia and Europe, especially the Mediterranean region. Evil eye beads go back thousands of years. In Greek "matiasma or mati" someone refers to the act of cursing someone with the evil eye. It's believed that there are three types of evil eyes: The first are unconscious evil eyes, these harm people and things, without intending to. The second type intends to harm. The third one is unseen, hidden evil which is the most scared one. The symbol and superstition of the evil eye is one of the strongest symbolic images in the world. The earliest known evidence for belief in the evil eye goes back to ancient Greece...Melina --- Our jewellery can be used on chains from Trollbeads, Pandora, Biagi, Chamilia, Zable, Lovelinks, Pasha, Disney Charms, Granchelli, Troll and other companies sharing the same idea. We hope you enjoy your Melina World Jewellery.