Prostitution, Politics & Policy Paperback – 30 Mar 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This book takes as its focus the social, policy and political dilemmas posed by female street prostitution. Against the backcloth of increasing public concern and the divided feminist views on intervention, Matthews charts a careful and well thought out path for a critical realist intervention on street prostitution. Demanding evidence-based policy not policy based evidence, Matthews makes a cogent and convincing case for a coherent and empathetic neo-deregulation of street prostitution. This is a commanding powerful and thought provoking read for all those who claim to be concerned about street prostitution in the U.K. and elsewhere today." - Sandra Walklate, University of Liverpool, UK
About the Author
Roger Matthews is a Senior Lecturer in Criminology and a member of the Centre for Criminology at Middlesex Polytechnic. He is co-editor (with Jock Young) of "Confronting Crime "(SAGE 1986) and editor of "Informal Justice "(SAGE 1988).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Ethical Issues
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services