From the Back Cover
- Prepare your rental for tenants
- Make your property stand out from the pack
- Find and retain the best tenants
More than 250 sample contracts, checklists, and operational tools on the CD
Become a landlord and successfully manage your properties
Do you have what it takes to manage rental property? In Property Management Kit For Dummies you′ll discover the right way to prepare your properties for prospective tenants, set the rent and security deposit, clean up properties between tenants, and verify rental applications. In no time at all, you can become a top–notch property manager by working efficiently with employees and contractors to keep your properties safe, secure, and profitable.
- Consider hands–on management evaluate your skills and personality to determine whether you should manage your property yourself or hire a management professional
- Get down to the nitty–gritty prepare the property for renting, create a reasonable rental contract, develop a comprehensive marketing and advertising campaign, and select tenants wisely
- Manage your rental get strategies for moving tenants in and out, collecting and increasing rent, retaining tenants, and dealing with pesky tenants
- Assemble the right team discover how to interview, screen, and hire the best employees and contractors to keep your property well–maintained and running smoothly
- Money, money, money discover the ins and outs of insurance, taxes, and ways you can increase your income beyond rent
Open the book and find:
- Tips on managing your property yourself or hiring a pro
- The lowdown on rent, security deposits, and rental contracts
- Ways you can generate interest in your rental property online and using social media
- Troubleshooting advice for rent collection problems and housing discrimination complaints
- How to deal with vacancies, renovations, open houses, evictions, and more
- State–by–state laws and strategies for handling landlord–tenant issues
More than 250 forms, including sample contracts and addendums, property inspection checklists, a real estate glossary, and other valuable tools for simplifying day–to–day operations
See the CD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
About the Author
Robert S. Griswold, MBA, is a successful real estate investor and property manager with a large portfolio of residential and commercial rental properties. He is the real estate expert for NBC San Diego, the lead columnist for the nationally syndicated columns "Rental Roundtable" and "Rental Forum," and co–author of Real Estate Investing For Dummies.