- Audio CD: 1 pages
- Publisher: AK Press (24 Mar. 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1873176686
- ISBN-13: 978-1873176689
- Product Dimensions: 12.4 x 1 x 14.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 729,519 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Propaganda and Control... Audio CD – Audiobook, 24 Mar 2000
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"'One of the radical heroes of our age... A towering infellect.' The Guardian; 'A superb polemicist who combines fluency of language with a formidable intellect.' The Observer; 'Must be read by everyone concerned with public affairs.' Edward Said" --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
'One of the radical heroes of our age ... A towering intellect.' The Guardian
'A superb polemicist who combines fluency of language with a formidable intellect.' The Observer
'Must be read by everyone concerned with public affairs.' Edward Said
Propaganda and the Public Mind draws on previously unpublished interviews with one of the world's leading thinkers. Chomsky offers a damning critique of the way our perceptions are shaped by global powerbrokers and yet shows how ordinary people can work together to break through the propaganda machine.
World renowned dissident Noam Chomsky offers insight into the institutions that shape the public mind in the service of power and profit. He discusses a range of issues, including the global growth in inequality and the military escapades of the United States. Chomsky offers hope for the future and shows how ordinary citizens, if they work together, have the power to make meaningful change. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
I highly recommend this book to anyone who's worried about the direction that globalisation, trade wars and US domination is taking us.
This collection of interviews with David Barsamian is accessible and enlightening. Chomsky is, as suggested in the opening reviews, more at ease with Barsamian and this comes across in the book.
A worthy addition for the Chomsky afficionado and an excellent introduction to the man if you are curious as to why this man is a pivotal intellect in the 20th and 21st centuries.
This book should inspire anyone who reads it to start looking at the media more objectively. Thoroughly reccomended!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 20th Century
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Radio
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Ethical Issues
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services
- CDs & Vinyl > Miscellaneous > Comedy & Spoken Word
- CDs & Vinyl > Pop