Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Oct 2012 22:36:44 BDT
Takeone says:
Anyone else had playback probs with this Blu Ray? I bought the regular 2D Blu Ray (from Play.com actually) and half way through the picture starts to have macro blocking and picture distorting. I have a Sony BDP 350 player.

I'm returning the item to play, but I wondered if anyone else had simular probs before I opt for a replacement rather than a refund.

Posted on 19 Oct 2012 20:33:58 BDT
I bought this in blu-ray format to play through my Sony PS3 but it won't play. I have to get an "encryption key" whatever this means, or download special software. I have never had this problem with all the other blu-ray or DVDs i have. This is advertised as all region etc.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2012 16:13:24 BDT
It worked fine on a friend's PS3, so the PS3 doesn't have a problem with the disc in general. It also works fine on my Samsung BDP-5500D.

Posted on 24 Oct 2012 17:06:35 BDT
After being told by a sales person, i downloaded the latest software from Sony and my PS3 played the DVD perfect.

Posted on 25 Oct 2012 13:26:56 BDT
C. Gould says:
It's a Blu-ray not a DVD. To the OP, try disabling the Sony's internet connection in the menus (there's an option for 'do not allow'). That fixed the macro-blocking on my player. It looks like an odd BD-Live bug.

Posted on 29 Oct 2012 10:39:59 GMT
I played this last night on my Sony BDP 360 and got the nasty blocking and distortion like the OP mentioned. At first i thought it was the disc so i took it out and had a look but it is pristine.
Put it back in and resumed and the playback was fine!
Ill try and update the firmware i think.

Posted on 9 Nov 2012 18:48:24 GMT
I had the same problem trying to view this film. I have a pioneer BDP 320 which I had to update the software. Still did'nt play so I just sent it back and never bothered ordering another.

I really would like to see this film but my concern is if I buy it again would I have the same problems. I can't be bothered ordering and waiting days for it to be delivered only to find it not working again.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 11:18:00 GMT
Sera Porter says:
We suffered the same problem. However, we have never updated our Sony Blu-ray Player and my husband decided to see if it needed an update before we sent the disc back. We discovered that we needed nine updates! Now the disc plays perfectly and the quality is excellent! So try updating your blu-ray player before sending the disc back or consigning it to the scrapheap.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2012 09:00:09 GMT
Hi, how long did the updates take?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2012 20:09:56 GMT
Marvhead says:
I have encountered the same playback issue. My son had previously loaded and watched the film successfully, but when I sat down to watch it tonight, it refused to play. The software is already up to date on my BDP- S580 Sony Blu-Ray. I will be contacting Amazon to see if I can get a replacement, although I've had this Blu-Ray several weeks. You don't expect something that played once to have a problem next time round.

Posted on 11 Dec 2012 19:05:38 GMT
Greg says:
I have a Pioneer BDP 320 & have severe playback problems. It just won't load. I tried playing it in my cheap Toshiba Blu Ray player & after a long pause it played (it's normally an expetionally fast player to load). The Pioneer is on the latest firmware. It's clearly a generic problem with the disc (google it). Some reckon it's the anti-copying code. Some reckon that it's the BD Live. I can't find a way to disable BD Live on my Pioneer. I did get it to start playing by clearing my player's cache, putting the disc in, pressing stop twice once it claimed to have loaded (black screen) to produce resume off message, switching the player off & then switching it on again. It did then play. Unfortunately I didn't then have time to watch the whole film & had to stop it part way through. It then wouldn't play again!

Posted on 30 Dec 2012 14:02:00 GMT
same problem with sony bdp. about 1/2 way through great chunks of pixelated distortion for the remainder.
not that I was missing much as the movie is a real lemon.

Posted on 22 Feb 2013 16:49:06 GMT
film lover says:
I have a pioneer blu ray player and it wont load the disc---this is becoming an increasing problem with this player---some discs like prometheus wont load at all---others will sometimes load one day but not the next--shame because the picture is excellent .have updated software---

Posted on 11 Mar 2013 13:58:15 GMT
Dogsbodyone says:
I have had the same problem wit Prometheus on my Sony BDP-S360 - plays fine until the last 30 mins or so and then suffers from blocking. I have updated the firmware and replaced the Blue-ray from another source. No change, exactly the same problem although other discs play fine. Sony blame Prometheus disc manufacture!

Posted on 5 Apr 2013 18:33:18 BDT
gwenllian says:
I have an elderly LG Blu-ray player that suddenly refused to play the Blu-ray Prometheus after playing it successfully many times previously. Due to my laziness, it had been a while since I checked for software updates for my player, which is connected to the internet and found 6 available, which installed individually. It was a tad time-consuming but at least Prometheus plays okay now. The BD live content is fully enabled and doesn't appear to interfere with the disc playback.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  13 Oct 2012
Latest post:  5 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about