Project Risk Management (Mechanical Engineering) Paperback – 1 Sep 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Risk Management -- A Clear and Uncomplicated Approach to Business and Project Risk--
Here is risk, simply put, with practical stories and cases
Barkley's approach to project risk management includes and enhances the current Project Management Institute Body of Knowledge on risk. Clearly spelling out simplified steps and useable risk matrix format, making risk management a team-based art as well as a science, Project Risk Management shows you why do risk and how to:
* Save time in identifying, categorizing, ranking, and assessing risks
* Integrate contingency plans into the project schedule
* Apply practical templates and formats
* "Demystify" risk and integrate risk into business and project planning and control
* Link business strategy and business planning to project risk
* Create risk-based schedules using MS Project software PERT analysis tools
* Relate risk to cost control and budget issues
* "Shield" business projects from risk by addressing risk early and often as part of the project planning and review process
* Pose questions and answers on risk for company education and training
For the business and project professional looking for "doable" risk methods, there is no better reference than Bruce Barkley's Project Risk Management.
Put it to work to improve your project risk profile today!
About the Author
Bruce T. Barkley has over 30 years of experience in program and project risk management in both industry and government. The coauthor of a successful book on project management, Customer Driven Project Management: Building Quality into Project Processes, Second Edition, Mr. Barkley has succeeded in making risk management clear and practical in a field that has become highly technical and quantified. Mr. Barkley has consulted in project risk management and serves as faculty member with DeVry University (Keller Graduate School of Management) in the Atlanta area. He is a graduate of Wittenberg University, University of Cincinnati, and the University of Southern California, and has previously taught project management at the University of Maryland University College, and served as a senior executive in several federal agencies. He lives in Atlanta with his wife Cathy of 44 years.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Change Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Project Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Insurance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Risk Management
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering