- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
A Project Guide to UX Design: For user experience designers in the field or in the making (Voices That Matter) Paperback – 13 Mar 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
“If you are a young designer entering or contemplating entering the UX field this is a canonical book. If you are an organization that really needs to start grokking UX this book is also for you. "
Chris Bernard, User Experience Evangelist, Microsoft
From the Back Cover
“If you are a young designer entering or contemplating entering the UX field this is a canonical book. If you are an organization that really needs to start grokking UX this book is also for you. " -- Chris Bernard, User Experience Evangelist, Microsoft
User experience design is the discipline of creating a useful and usable Web site or application―one that’s easily navigated and meets the needs of both the site owner and its users. But there’s a lot more to successful UX design than knowing the latest Web technologies or design trends: It takes diplomacy, project management skills, and business savvy. That’s where this book comes in. Authors Russ Unger and Carolyn Chandler show you how to integrate UX principles into your project from start to finish.
• Understand the various roles in UX design, identify stakeholders, and enlist their support
• Obtain consensus from your team on project objectives
• Define the scope of your project and avoid mission creep
• Conduct user research and document your findings
• Understand and communicate user behavior with personas
• Design and prototype your application or site
• Make your product findable with search engine optimization
• Plan for development, product rollout, and ongoing quality assurance
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a great book with a lot of useful information you will need if you are or deal with a web designer, website project manager, information architect, interaction designer, user researcher etc.
If you already are an expert in information architecture, interaction design or user research you will probably already know most or all of the things in this book. Then this book won't be for you, but you can advice people to read it if they have to work with you and don't understand your job well.
If you are not an expert in this field and you are e.g. just a web designer who want to become more professional and want to look further then making sites look pretty or someone who deals with these people, this book will be very useful to you.
And especially if you lead web projects you just must have to read this book. Also for programmers who only deal with the technical stuff, this book will help you understand the other roles of people you have to deal with which are also important.
I have also read "Don't Make Me Think!: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability", which also is a very good book, but this book is a more practical follow up which deals with other topics and really deserves to have been written in a separate book.
So experts, just don't touch this book, because you most likely already know. Everybody else will be great-full it is written and will be using many things explained in this book.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?