Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 July 2011
Whilst not quite the best album i've ever heard, it is way up there amongst my favourites and is a very credible effort.

As with so many other bands I have discovered recently, Dignity are not well-known and are, unfortunately like many talented European metal bands, under-rated and overlooked in the commercial mainstream. However, I have to give a shout-out for this album because it is impressive stuff.

Being yet another band that it could be said to have been discovered merely on my trawls through various websites and listener/viewer recommendations, I am so glad that this one came up because, unlike many i've been through, this particular band caught my ear (so to speak) and just left me wanting more until I took it upon myself to download the album.

Not all the songs are what I would refer to as "stand-out" tunes, but there are some very catchy songs on the album that I can't stop listening to. The title track is very good and gets the album off to a great start. My favourite, "Arrogance and Rapture", follows it up well and has some very thought-provoking lyrics about depression and living life to the full. "Dreams Never Die" is a great ballad, "Icarus" is a fantastic song with a brilliant chorus, and "Edge of The Blade" is another great, very pleasing-on-the-ear, tune. The other songs on the album aren't disappointing in any way, but in my opinion they don't leave their mark as much as the ones I've mentioned.

If you like melodic power metal, this is one band to check out. This is (as far as I am aware) is the band's debut, and they have potential therefore to be very very good indeed and ought not to be overlooked by any fans of the genre.