- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Programming in Scala, 3rd Edition Paperback – 31 May 2016
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Although it's probably not worth an upgrade if you have the second edition as you're only getting:
- Implicit classes
- Creating your own AnyVals
- String interpolation
- Futures and concurrency, including new methods added in 2.12 and asynchronous testing with Futures in ScalaTest 3.0
- Wildcard types
- The close integration of Scala 2.12 and Java 8, most significantly the new ability to use function literals to express instances of SAM types
- The latest recommendations for Scala coding style
- New recommendations for writing hashCode
- The context bounds syntax for type classes
But if you regularly program in Scala why not treat yourself to a newly printed coffee stain free copy, confident in the knowledge everything is up to date with 2.12 ;-)
Note it's an excellent companion to the highly recommended free online coursera course 'Functional Programming in Scala' which is also provided by the language designer Mr Odersky himself!