on 9 March 2016
My own fault, but I didn't see the small text in the top right corner of the cover indicating that this is for Qt 3, Qt is now on version 5.5 and the first example in the book will not compile at all.
on 28 January 2016
This book is woefully out of date and should be removed from sale in my opinion. I recently downloaded the latest Qt Creator from the web and purchased this book to try and help me with learning development with Qt. However, not even the first two examples worked, neither was I pointed to which project to select in the Wizard. Take it off Amazon. I would send it back if I hadn't been second hand and cost almost as much to send back!
on 26 November 2013
It is quite old book, but still some interested information can be found in it. I bought a used one for less than half price, but it looks as a new one.
on 15 October 2004
It's a good book if you have absolutely no idea about Qt, but it probably won't help you if you want insight in more advanced or subtle Qt. There are better books about Qt, and more current (this one is getting a bit old, even more with Qt4).
8 people found this helpful
on 16 September 2010
Check publication date, this book is now a bit obsolete. Otherwise, is very clear and well written. If you approach Qt, you may find it useful.
on 17 December 2000
Even though it is a little out of date this is the only book on the subject of Qt worth having. It takes the read beyond the tutorials contained in the Qt Reference Documention. I am eagerly waiting for the publication of the 2nd Edition.
One person found this helpful
on 5 December 2000
This book written in a nice style, buts its rather out of date - it hasn't been updated much since Qt 1.44 and it doesn't mention newer additions, such as Qt Designer.
Qt's own documentation and tutorials are very good. So you may not need this book at all.
on 19 July 1999
This book by the KDE man Kalle Dalheimer is very recommendable - even for people with little C++ experience. If you are going to learn QT then forget about the tutorial that is shipped with QT and go grab this book :-)
on 8 February 2001
This book is well layed out with some good examples. I found it easy to follow and it taught me the basics of gui programming very quickly. I would reccommend it to anyone interested in learning about qt.