- Paperback: 196 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 2 edition (8 Nov. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0632059591
- ISBN-13: 978-0632059591
- Product Dimensions: 15.7 x 1 x 23.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,915,531 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Profitable Organic Farming 2e Paperback – 8 Nov 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
The demand for food produced from sustainable and organic farm enterprises continues to grow worldwide, with demand exceeding supply for many items. This second edition of an extremely well received and successful book covers every aspect of an organic farm enterprise that can have an influence on profitability. As such the book is an essential purchase for all those involved in organic and sustainable farming.
Topics covered include grassland productivity, production systems for dairy, beef, sheep, pig, poultry and arable farms, farm size and enterprise combinations, organic standards, financial management, marketing, success factors and progress by organic farmers. The book concludes with a new chapter covering potential future scenarios for organic farming.
Drawing on new information available in the area and including case studies from successful organic farm businesses, the author Jon Newton has written a book that is of great commercial use to a wide range of workers including organic farm managers and those wishing to commence organic farming operations. The book is also of great use and interest to agricultural scientists and students and those working in government and regional agricultural advisory services worldwide. Libraries in research establishments, universities and colleges where agricultural sciences are studied and taught should have several copies of this important and useful book on their shelves.
Review of the first edition
It is an essential volume for any commercial organic farmers or budding organic farmers bookshelf. It will no doubt also be a very popular read and provide much food for thought amongst many agricultural students : New Farmer & Grower.
About the Author
Jon Newton is an agricultural consultant specialising in organic and sustainable agriculture based in North Wales, UK.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Gardening > Professional Horticulture > Soil Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Stars & Interstellar Matter
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Agricultural Engineering & Machinery
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Agriculture & Farming