Professional Web Design: The Best of Smashing Magazine (Smashing Magazine Book Series) Paperback – 4 Feb 2011
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Create Fantastic Web Sites with Advice From Some of the Best in the Industry
Professional Web Design presents guidelines for professional Web development, including communicating with clients, creating a road map to a successful portfolio, rules for professional networking, and tips on designing user interfaces for business Web applications. Inside you ll find some of the best of Smashing Magazine s coverage of professional Web design and the business side of Web development, with advice from trusted experts who will help you learn how to respond effectively to design criticism, use storytelling for a better user experience, and apply color theory to your professional designs.
Topics covered include:
- Harsh Truths about Corporate Web Site Paul Boag
- Portofolio Design Study: Design Patterns Vitaly Friedman
- Creating a Successful Online Portfolio Sean Hodge
- Better User Experience with Storytelling Francisco Inchauste
- Designing User Interfaces for Business Web Applications Janko Jovanovic
- Progressive Enhancement and Standards Do Not Limit Web Design Christian Heilmann
- Color Theory for Professional Designers Cameron Chapman
- Is John the Client Dense or Are You Failing Him? Paul Boag
- How to Identify and Deal with Different Types of Clients Robert Bowen
- How to Respond Effectively to Design Criticism Andrew Follett
- Web Designer s Guide to Professional Networking Steven Snell
- Expert Advice for New Web Designers Various
Proving clear, concise advice from industry experts, Professional Web Design will help you get started on creating fantastic Web sites with top tips and advice from some of the best in the industry.
Smashing Magazine (smashingmagazine.con) is one of the world s most popular Web–design online magazines. True to the Smashing mission, the Smashing Magazine book series delivers useful and innovative information to Web designers and developers.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It has imformation about the people you're likely to work for/with and how to handle them along with a basic nod to web design principles.
In short, it shouldn't be your only book in your web design library, but you should probably have it in there non-the less.
If you are an owner of a web design company or thinking of starting out then this is fully of handy techniques.
I hope this has helped :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is OK. It's a compilation of their online articles, good points made throughout the book - I would recommend it to those who are starting out in the creative industry.Published on 21 Jun. 2013 by SimplyCreative