- Paperback: 984 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 1 edition (4 Dec. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118388046
- ISBN-13: 978-1118388044
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 4.4 x 23.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
431,382 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #85 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Internet Applications > Web-server Software > Microsoft
- #493 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Applications
- #683 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- See Complete Table of Contents
Professional Microsoft IIS 8 Paperback – 4 Dec 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Practical solutions and best practices for IIS 8
Microsoft′s Internet Information Services (IIS) is the leading e–commerce web server. If you′re a developer or administrator, you need to be thoroughly up to speed with this platform. The expert authors of this book not only cover common administrative tasks; they have gathered a wealth of information from people running and supporting major intranets and web hosting facilities, giving you you an in–depth look at IIS 8 extensibility and operations management. This indispensable, real–world reference examines website administration, the core server, scalability, operations management, and much more.
Professional Microsoft IIS 8:
- Highlights automated options outside the GUI, including the PowerShell provider and AppCmd tool
- Explores extensibility options, including ISAPI and HTTPModules
- Delves into scalability options such as high availability/load balancing
- Offers IIS performance and optimization tips
- Clarifies integrated vs. classic modes and the request processing pipeline
- Explains how to debug and troubleshoot IIS
- Discusses authentication and authorization
- Walks you through delegating remote administration and configuring other services
- Covers new features including URLRewrite and Application Request Routing
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real–world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
Ken Schaefer is a senior architect at HP Enterprise Services and a coauthor of Professional IIS 7. He is a Microsoft MVP for Window Server/IIS.
Jeff Cochran is a senior network specialist for the City of Naples, Florida.
Scott Forsyth is the co–founder and Chief Systems Engineer of Vaasnet, and a Microsoft MVP for ASP.NET/IIS.
Dennis Glendenning is an enterprise solutions architect with Avanade.
Benjamin Perkins is a senior support escalation engineer at Microsoft Deutschland.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
The IIS 8 edition is far more cohesive, well written and absolutely up to date!
If you are administering IIS, this will be helpful. If you are extending IIS manager or the schemas of IIS configuration, this book is indispensible.
This book will get you from beginner to confident admin in no time. I don't know of a better book on IIS that I've found.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web-server Software > Microsoft