From the Back Cover
Hands-on Android development using the platform's latest features
This new Fourth Edition is fully revised and expanded to provide in-depth coverage of the Android SDK, 10 years after its first release. It includes detailed coverage of the fundamentals needed by novice developers, and explores advanced features and best practices essential to experienced Android developers creating compelling user experiences. Hands-on-exercises clarify complex concepts, while in-depth coverage with a practical focus provides an intuitive grasp of tools, APIs, and best practices for Android development, helping you translate new skills into real-world solutions for your users.
- Covers the latest Android APIs, including the Job Scheduler, Android Architecture Components (including Live Data and Room), and Data Binding
- Offers a detailed exploration of the Android Studio IDE and an introduction to Kotlin(R)
- Introduces material design principles and offers a detailed look at design guidelines, navigation patterns, and UI best practices
- Demonstrates techniques to create compelling UIs for all Android form factors
- Explores Firebase(R) and Google Play(TM) services API libraries, including maps, location-based services, and the Awareness API
- Develops a skill set that provides a robust foundation for future Android development projects
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.