Production for Graphic Designers Third Edition Hardcover – 20 Aug 2001
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
...a bible not only for its stated audience, but for anyone working in print. -- Mac User
...contains a wealth of information for budding graphics students... -- Grafik
Book of the Month...a well put together and highly practical guide which will be of interest to newcomers to graphic design as well as old hands. It also deserves to be a standard text for design students. Save up your pennies and treat yourself. You won't regret it. -- Computer Arts --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
...a bible not only for its stated audience, but for anyone working in print. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.See all Product description
Top customer reviews
It is seperated into different stages, starting with letterpress and the beginning of printing through to the internet and electronic media.
Other areas covered are different print methods, design of grid structures, typeface recognition and use, colour theory/pantone information, high end scanning, repro techniques and culminating in examples of interactive media.
I would throughly recommend this book to anyone (designer or not) who would like to know the ins and outs of all things production related.
Nice design and layout , easy to follow but hard to put down!
This book is an essential for any graphic designer, particularly one new to the job. It covers absolutely everything from the basics of design to the print process - which I thought was very useful. It's an introduction to the history of design, as well as a glossary of terms and it is written in plain english and illustrated well with diagrams, photos and examples of past and present graphic design work. There are also several great case studies of particular designers. This book even tells you how to set up your work station and how to minimise the risk of RSI. There's advice on best/popular practice and plenty of other useful bits of information that you should know.
This is the ultimate graphic design thesaurus. There is not a better book out there that does the job as well as this one does.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts > Graphic Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts > Typography
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Computer Aided Manufacture
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Manufacturing
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries