- Hardcover: 600 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional (1 Oct. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071591346
- ISBN-13: 978-0071591348
- Product Dimensions: 19.8 x 5.3 x 24.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 499,489 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Product Manager's Desk Reference Hardcover – 1 Oct 2008
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Steven Haines is the founder of Sequent Learning Networks and The Product Management Executive Board. Sequent Learning Networks is a global training and advisory services firm based in New York City. Its mission is to help its clients improve the structure and function of Product Management so they can produce great products. The Product Management Executive Board is a professional association of senior executives who share a common bond in their quest for product excellence. Steven’s books serve as foundational bodies of knowledge and Product Management best practices for product managers, product leaders, and executives across the corporate landscape.
Steven spent more than two decades in corporate leadership roles in industries as diverse as wholesale industrial products, intimate apparel, medical products, communications, and software & technology. Further, he spent twelve years as an adjunct professor at Rutgers University’s business school.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The early chapters provide more in the way of introductory text, which would probably benefit a starting Product Manager. Later chapters are much more reference-y. Every chapter ends with "increase your PMQ (Product Manager Quotient)" - things to put the topics covered by the chapter into practice.
While I haven't read it cover to cover, I shall certainly be dipping into various chapters for inspiration on various activities (e.g. market research, product launches).
I've been in product manager and similar roles for a number of years now. I really could have benefited with a book like this from the start - I certainly expect to draw some benefits from it from now on.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Yes, its pricey. But as a new or experienced product manager you will get value out of this book. The role of product management can be very very broad and dependent on your... Read morePublished on 16 Jun. 2014 by Michael Rose
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Change Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Office Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Project Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Forecasting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Brands & Corporate Identity
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Marketing Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Product Management