Customer reviews

on 4 August 2013
I have moved since I bought it and put it in a box in storage and haven't taken it out yet. I like the cover.
One person found this helpful
on 31 July 2008
Having spent years getting frustrated with myself, with plenty of talents and ideas but difficulty in getting things started and even more getting them finished, I decided it was time to sort this out. This book will give you a great understanding of why you procrastinate. Divided into two sections, I was able to understand why I am as I am. Up until now I had thought that I was just frustratingly and embarrassingly lazy. Now I can see the causes which make me behave as I do. And althought this in itself doesn't sound like a solution, for me this was the most important benefit from the book, as it made me feel better about myself and give me the optimism and confidence to keep at things. And it made me realise that there are a lot of people out there like me - which was great to know.

The second section of the book doesn't have any miracle cure. It helps you to organise yourself better and use time more resourcefully. Okay so I had been doing all that anyway, but I don't believe there will be a magic solution in any book. But it did help to reinforce the things I have been doing and to improve them.

Overall, the book is extremely well written, organised and easy to read. For anyone seeking help with the problem of procrastination, this is an absolute must, at least as a starting point in their journey.
56 people found this helpful
on 25 January 1999
Reading this book was like reading a book about myself. I've procrastinated a little more than average throughout my life, but since I started college, I've procrastinated A LOT...so much that it's often gotten in the way of my studies. So I found this book at my school's library and read it (and then bought it). Now I understand why I procrastinate and I know several good techniques how to stop..and I've improved..but I'm not free yet. It's no joke: I continue having serious troubles quitting my procrastination habits when I'm in school. Well, I have a two-step piece of advice for you if you suffer from procrastination: (1) buy the book (it's really cheap) and (2) overcome procrastination WITH ACTION. ACTION is the ONLY way you will ever break free.
8 people found this helpful