- Paperback: 1560 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 6th ed. edition (22 Sept. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430242337
- ISBN-13: 978-1430242338
- Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 5.1 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (20 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
319,752 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #146 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Databases > Applications > Microsoft Access > Programming
- #279 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Microsoft Windows
- #501 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- See Complete Table of Contents
Pro C# 5.0 and the .NET 4.5 Framework (Expert's Voice in .NET) Paperback – 22 Sep 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Andrew Troelsen is a partner, trainer, and consultant at Intertech Inc., and is a leading authority on both .NET and COM. His book Pro C# 2005 and the .NET 2.0 Platform won the prestigious 2003 Referenceware Excellence Award and is in its third edition. Also of note are his earlier five-star treatment of traditional COM in the bestselling Developer's Workshop to COM and ATL mirrored in his book, COM and .NET Interoperability, and his top-notch investigation of VB .NET in Visual Basic .NET and the .NET Platform: An Advanced Guide. Troelsen has a degree in mathematical linguistics and South Asian studies from the University of Minnesota, and is a frequent speaker at numerous .NET-related conferences. He currently lives in Minneapolis with his wife, Amanda, and spends his free time investigating .NET and waiting for the Wild to win the Stanley Cup. You can check out his blog at AndrewTroelsen.blogspot.com.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book itself is very good, starts off with an overview of where C# fits in .NET and then proceeds to cover the elements of C# as a language and how the language elements fit into .NET. The style of writing keeps you interested
The following sections then cover .NET in greater detail and how the individual classes can be used.
The book is a very technical book and does not spend time on how to write loops or the benefits of object orientation. Instead it is a book on how to use the C# language in the .NET environment (which can include other operating systems)
You can even download the exercises as Visual Studio solutions, from Apress website. Very cool!
With the release of C# 6 and .NET 4.6 I would not recommend purchasing a now out-of-date textbook, though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is a fantastic comprehensive insight into the C# language and how it relates to the .net framework. Read morePublished 7 months ago by AmazonBuyer
This book has everything you need to know about C#. My knowledge was ok but after reading this book I feel I can take any challenge on now...that requires c#! 5 stars!Published 17 months ago by Mr Darren R Stafford
So far he has prove him self as a great choise .
The book covers many subject even the less knows ones and explain them in good way.
Lots of reference for almost everything you need to know or find quickly, from syntax info, to .NET insights and even WPF and Web programming.Published on 8 Jan. 2014 by Alex Mang
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Microsoft Windows > Applications > Access > Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Microsoft Windows
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture