Customer reviews

on 5 August 2015
I've just owned this item for a few days but i love it so far. I have previously owned both rubber gym mats to protect the floor while working out with weights and also as shock absorber when jumping and several other soft non rubber workout mats, and those were either heavy, smelly and left marks on the floor or too soft and slipped all over the floor. This feels similar to the rubber ones in quality when it comes to absorbing force of impact but without any unpleasant smell or marks on the floor. It's more firm, and heavier, than I expected, which makes it great for balance moves such as yoga where softer mats hampers balance.

I have, what I'm guessing are, wooden laminate floors, very slippery when in socks but this mat won't budge an inch while I'm doing skater type jumps or any other jumps or moves even when I actually try to push it out of place. I'm a male and weight in at about 80 kg or about 180 lbs. Doing P90X3 atm.

My only regret is not ordering two of these at once to put side by side for a larger and even more flexible workout area.

Good:
Firm, good for balance moves and also for protecting floor if you drop a dumbbell
Seems very durable, though only time will tell for sure
Non slip, on my slippery floors at least
Lies pretty much flat on the floor even if you keep it rolled up between workouts

Bad:
Expensive
review image
on 10 August 2014
Been doing insanity now for nearly a year and wish I had bought this at the beginning. Amazing! Makes the jumps so much easier on my knees and back and would defiantly recommend . It's expensive but most defiantly worth it!
on 16 May 2017
Love this mat. I have been doing both Insanity and Insanity Max 30 on the mat and it's making a huge difference when jumping. Wish it would be available in twice the size though as some of the moving moves end up outside of the mat.
on 28 June 2015
Good product :)
on 17 December 2015
I think the mat is great and I certainly feel more confident doing the workouts P90X and T25 (I do both programmes together). My knees and ankles are better protected and the comfort and grip of the mat means I can workout barefoot which adds a more organic element to the muscle mind connection. I do think that just about anyone should buy this mat before doing high impact workouts - how much are good knees worth? The noise proofing is useful for neighbour issues if you do, as most people do, early morning/late night workouts.

On the down side I do think Beachbody products in Europe are too expensive. I recognise that their primary market is the US but there is definitely potential to expand in the EU and UK, due to Beachbody on Demand, something they also need to improve and ensure works over the electricity oscillation issue (50/60 hz)! I would hope that Beachbody read this review, and others from Amazon UK, and consider price. I think a reasonable price would be 40 pounds. Another alternative would be to offer a free CD of bonus workouts from T25 or P90+, for example. Another alternative would be to offer a bigger mat as I now have to workout sideways to the TV for lateral moves or constantly change the mat's orientation, which defeats the object of not stopping for 25 mins!

I do think Beachbody need to treat us in Euroope like they treat their US customers.

That aside, good product, albeit hefty investment!!
on 3 April 2017
I have done T25, Insanity, P90X and P90X3, initially using the square interlocking floor mats in my garage, which still made my knees ache a bit despite landing on the balls of my feet and touching down the way Shaun and Tony advised. Now, when I bought this Beachbody jump mat, it was to support me working out indoors on tiled and laminate floors during the winter season (too cold in the garage). I was, at first, sceptical as the jump mat is much thinner than the half-inch thick foam mats, so I presumed that this would give less absorption for plyo jumps. How wrong was I! The thickness is not only perfect for yoga and other floor work, but it makes my previous interlocking floor feel like jumping on sponge (not good) and - BIG NEWS - I have no more aching knees at all. Since last October, when I bought this plyo mat, I have followed the advice of another review on here and bought a second one in a half-price sale, so I now have doube the floor area for both vertical and horizontal manoeuvres. As a 41-year-old who has lost over two-and-a-half stone in weight thanks to the support of this Beachbody mat, my advice to those who are looking for a mat to work out on TILED OR LAMINATE FLOORING (not sure this will grip as effectively on garage concrete or carpet - but, then, what does?) is: 'Do not waste your time with anything else. This has saved my knees and is an expense worth paying for. There is no substitute on the market.' My second advice is: get two.
on 12 July 2014
The mat turned up on time, it unrolls flat and stays flat, and meets requirements.
on 29 October 2014
Living in a flat, on the top floor, I was mostly concerned about disturbing my neighbours, with my morning 'Insanity' workouts. This product really does work - I can barely hear my own jumps, the sound insulation is that good. Well worth the extra expense.
on 16 September 2013
I love my Insanity workouts. When I started month 2 I decided to buy this mat to make sure my knees were alright. I didn't have any problem before but read about many who started getting problems during month 2.
I have absolutely no problems at all with my knees and I do the tough workouts twice a week. I highly recommend this mat!
on 27 June 2015
Arrived on time and well packaged. Clearly a quality item and made to last. I have been using it a week now and it really does make a difference to my Insanity power jumps etc as I feel it's protecting my joints and floor work is a heck of a lot comfier. HOWEVER as for other reviews saying it doesn't move a millimetre, I have to disagree! I have Oak wooden floors, not highly polished, but I find I have to kick the mat back into place between vigorous jump sets (and Insanity doesn't really give you any time between sets!). I have read that wetting the mat will help but what a faff to do this every morning at 6:15?!
The slipping is the only reason it's getting 4 stars - other than that, a great product. Perhaps suction pads or a deeper grip on the 'grippy' side would improve it further.