Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 31 May 2017
Came nice and quick. Many thanks
This "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off has come a long way since its frothy start with all those complicated (ridiculous?) romantic permutations. The series grew up as it increasingly focussed on medical ethics and genuine drama. Coverage of that rape and its aftermath earned widespread acclaim. This proved a turning point, propelling the series into a higher league. Now arguably comes the most powerful season, it often very moving indeed.

From Episode 1 all are under pressure, following the sudden death of an esteemed colleague. For one in particular the loss is too much to bear. Several are destined for further major challenges. Will Addison be able to adopt? What is psychiatrist Sheldon to do if he suspects, without proof, a patient may have abducted a child? How will Charlotte (my favourite character) cope on receiving truly awesome news? What now for Sam on learning the truth about his parentage? These are but a few of problems faced.

Amongst moments that jab? "Can I get you anything?" "A cure for cancer would be nice."

Admittedly there are disappointments (some may feel Episode 11 especially weak) and there are absurdities (Violet seeming to write her second book in the twinkling of an eye), but strengths abound. Tissues are needed for Episode 6 with its three particularly powerful storylines.

Then there are the incidental pleasures, like young adopted Lucas, a perky scene-stealer if ever there was. A touch of the surreal? How about Cooper and Charlotte's dance routines! These come out of the blue and are hilarious.

13 episodes. The box set is mean on bonuses - just deleted scenes and a few bloopers. The cast looking back and selecting favourite moments would have been appreciated.

Escapism? Yes, but there is much to think about too. This closing season reflects on death and how to make the most out of life. Valuable lessons have been learned, all concerned heading for happiness of sorts.

Although by no means a major television offering, "Private Practice" inspired affection and will be missed.
My wife absolutely loves this show, can't get enough of it - I on the other hand, think it's a load of typically American self-indulgent, empathy saturated lefty crap, with an insipid 🎶 background (although it's so pervasive I'd call it foreground noise) music score that drives me potty!
The patients and their ailments seem to be background dressing to the ever so important (I don't think) storyline of doctor and nurse relationships with all its gut-wrenching angst. If I was a patient in one of these episodes, I'd go off-script and go ad-lib haywire saying, 'hey, remember me, the patient with his/her leg hanging off - can you lot stop waffling on about who did or didn't screw whom and fix my bloody leg.'

I hate it when they carry on about their self-absorbed private lives right in front of their patients like there not there. Surely that's rude isn't it - like being in a group of three people, where two keep talking in a foreign language that the third doesn't understand!

My wife will buy it season by season and watch it episode end-to-end, but I can't be in the same room when its on. I wouldn't mind if the episodes had stories, but it's just empathy, crying, bitching and people one-upmanship rubbish!

Now, take the Good Wife, that's brilliant - we watch that together all the time. That's a show that actually has stories as opposed to hand-wringing!
on 11 February 2014
An excellent end to the series, all loose ends are tied up. Not all happy endings considering its the end of the series!
on 10 September 2013
What can I say? I absolutely loved this series! In the UK it stopped aft Dell died and we never saw what happened. So I purchased all 6 series from amazon and had a marathon session watching it as a great during summer holidays. Be warned you will need tissues...although thankfully it isn't as sad as series 5! What a shame they took it off air!
on 7 May 2014
This product gives me mixed feelings. I'm happy because the delivery was fast, the state of the dvd's was very nice, perfect even. It was nicely packaged, and bought it for a great price compared to what you pay in the stores here in Belgium... I would definitely recommend it (the DVD and the distributor)
On the other hand it makes me sad because this is the very last season of Private practice. I loved every season and I'm sad it's over. This final season has only 13 episode but they are all worth it.
Over all, great product.
on 3 June 2014
Fantastic finale to a great series. It's a shame the series had to come to an end although I now have the full collection and can watch again.
on 17 August 2013
Worth watching. It has some great moments and a really good ending. A bit predictable some times. I thoroughly enjoyed it and wish it wasn't the end.
on 10 September 2013
Great to see end of series after having waited a long time to see if it was on tv. Great,
on 18 May 2014
I still love Addison so I can't help watching this show, although the righteousness of some of the characters upsets me quite a bit, think [SPOILER for previous seasons] Pete was one of the worst for this so glad he is not about anymore, although would have preferred it if he had just run off rather than died.