Principles of Tidal Sedimentology Hardcover – 22 Oct 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the reviews:
“This substantial collection of papers owes its origins to the series of International Conferences on Tidal Sedimentology that were initiated back in 1973 … . There is certainly a consistency in approach and also presentation that is lacking in so many edited volumes. The book is exceptionally well illustrated … . Principles of Tidal Sedimentology provides a very welcome synthesis of recent advances in this field and is definitely a volume that anyone seriously interested in tidal sedimentology will want to have.” (Jon French, Geological Magazine, April, 2012)
“The book under review contains outstanding chapters on tidal rhythmites, ichnofacies, facies architecture of tidal inlets, the sedimentology of muddy alongshore tidal flats of open coasts, processes, a state-of-the-art review of bedforms and sedimentary products of some examples of shallow-marine tide-dominated environments. The book may therefore be useful for those who are interested in one or more of these aspects … .” (J. H. (Janrik) van den Berg, The Sedimentary Record, June, 2012)
From the Back Cover
This book presents a comprehensive, contemporary review of tidal environments and deposits. Individual chapters, each written by world-class experts, cover the full spectrum of coastal, shallow-marine and even deep-marine settings where tidal action influences or controls sediment movement and deposition. Both siliciclastic and carbonate deposits are covered. Various chapters examine the dynamics of sediment transport by tides, and the morphodynamics of tidal systems. Several chapters explore the occurrence of tidal deposits in the stratigraphic context of entire sedimentary basins.
This book is essential reading for both coastal geologists and managers, and geologists interested in extracting hydrocarbons from complex tidal successions.See all Product description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Gardening > Professional Horticulture > Soil Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Hydrobiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Mineralogy
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Physical
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geology > Soil Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Rivers & Lakes
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Rocks, Minerals & Fossils
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Chemistry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences