Principles of External Auditing Paperback – 24 Jan 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Principles of External Auditing has become established as one of the leading textbooks for students studying auditing in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Striking a careful balance between theory and practice, the book describes and explains, in non–technical language, the nature of the audit function and the principles of the audit process. Principles of External Auditing is a valuable source of reference for students, practitioners, academics and laypersons alike and it also provides an ideal foundation course for those taking auditing courses at university or for professional examinations.
The book covers both UK and International Auditing Standards and relevant statute and case law. It explains the fundamental concepts of auditing and takes the reader through the various stages of the audit process. It also discusses topical aspects of auditing such as legal liability, audit risk, quality control, and the impact of information technology.
This new edition of the text has been thoroughly revised and new chapters have been provided on the conceptual framework, internal auditing and environmental audits.
Other notable features of this second edition include:
- All regulatory material has been updated, e.g. new material has been provided on corporate governance.
- New sections have been added covering the audit expectation–performance gap, new audit methodologies and knowledge of the business.
- The latest developments in legal liability – and how to avoid it – have been covered.
About the Author
Brenda Porter BSc (Hons, Geog), BBS, PhD, FCA (NZ), CA (Scot), FCIS, Cert Ed is Reader in Accounting at Warwick Business School.
Jon Simon BSc (Hons, Econ), MA, MBA, FCA is Lecturer in Accounting and Finance at the University of Hull Business School.
David Hatherly BSc (Hons, Econ), Macc, FCA is Professor of Accounting at the University of Edinburgh Management School.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > Audits & Auditing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > Financial Reporting & Statements
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > Management Accounting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance