- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Principles of Computational Fluid Dynamics (Springer Series in Computational Mathematics) Paperback – 2 Jun 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"This book is a well-written graduate level text in computational fluid dynamics. The text begins with a rather thorough discussion and derivation of the equations of fluid dynamics, followed by a review of topics in the theory of partial differential equations. There is a good introduction to the two numerical methods, finite volume and finite difference, that are treated in this text. The material is well-organized, starting with simple one-dimensional equations and moving to numerical methods for two-dimensional and three-dimensional problems. Grids are treated in some detail. In addition to simple colocated grids, there is discussion of non-uniform, staggered, and unstructured grids. There is a good mixture of theoretical and computational topics. This text should be of value to all researchers interested in computational fluid dynamics." -- MATHEMATICAL REVIEWS
From the Back Cover
The book is aimed at graduate students, researchers, engineers and physicists involved in flow computations. An up-to-date account is given of the present state-of-the-art of numerical methods employed in computational fluid dynamics. The underlying numerical principles are treated with a fair amount of detail, using elementary mathematical analysis. Attention is given to difficulties arising from geometric complexity of the flow domain and of nonuniform structured boundary-fitted grids. Uniform accuracy and efficiency for singular perturbation problems is studied, pointing the way to accurate computation of flows at high Reynolds number. Much attention is given to stability analysis, and useful stability conditions are provided, some of them new, for many numerical schemes used in practice. Unified methods for compressible and incompressible flows are discussed. Numerical analysis of the shallow-water equations is included. The theory of hyperbolic conservation laws is treated. Godunov's order barrier and how to overcome it by means of slope-limited schemes is discussed. An introduction is given to efficient iterative solution methods, using Krylov subspace and multigrid acceleration. Many pointers are given to current literature, to help the reader to quickly reach the current research frontier.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
this book is not appropriate for the beginners to CFD so i don't recommend it for the instructors who are looking for a introduction book. The tensor notation is also not easy to grasp for the not experienced. Besides the language of the book is not clear and not enough to let the reader apply without referring to another book. This is probably because the book has covered a lot of CFD concepts so deep explanation on every item is not provided.
However I would recommend this book for experienced CFD'ers since it covers many concepts and it can be used as a good referring material.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Bioengineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Hydraulic Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Hydraulics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Calculus & Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Numbers
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Mathematical
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Calculus & Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics