Principles of Anatomy and Physiology Hardcover – 24 Aug 1999
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"...well worth the price...the anatomical atlas and interactive CD ROM are added value." (RAD Magazine, September 2000)
About the Author
Gerard J. Tortora, Bergen Community College and
Sandra Reynolds Grabowski, Purdue University
Top customer reviews
Many new elements, like for example, the term glucose transporter GluT in carbohydrate metabolism, are introduced and nicely incorporated into the storyline of the book. In 7-th edition, there's no mention of GluT, so it doesn't mean that the older version is wrong, it's just less accurate. And exactly this accuracy is improved with every new edition, which comes out roughly every 3-4 years.
My favorite chapters 25 on metabolism and 27 on fluid and electrolyte homeostasis, are even better than in 7-th edition, even if there is literally tons of knowledge on every page of this book. I was pleasantly surprised by even stronger integrity and complelingness of the text. It's written with very systematic and explanatory style. Included are questions and answers at the end of each chapter, and at the beginning, there is summary of the structure of that particular chapter. So the book is highly suited for self-teaching, or even for teaching it to others.
Another difference is including of CD-ROM with interactive interface for further deepening and recapitulation of already absorbed knowledge from reading. The official website of this book is here for you as well, supporting students or any other individuals interested in human anatomy and physiology. Plus it comes with extra 25 pages big atlas of human skeleton, The latest version is currently the 14-th edition, but as I said each version itself is the material for months and months of study. Enjoy and grow wiser.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Pre-clinical Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Human Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Anatomy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Physiology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z