Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.90

on 29 January 1999
This was my favorite book as a child, although I discovered in later years that my parents had changed his girlfriend's name to Gretchen when reading it aloud since my name is Greta! I'd recommend this to anyone since it shows kids it's okay to be different and problems can be overcome with patience. I've been searching for this for years and am thrilled to finally own it. When I got my dachshund I immediately named him after this book.
on 2 April 2014
I loved this story when I first read it over forty years ago, it's one of my first memories. it was twenty years later that I got my first dachshund, I now have four, last year I had my first litter, one day in January five little dachshunds were born. I think it is fair to say that this story left its mark on me for which I will be forever grateful.

Jo from Shropshire
on 22 November 1998
This was my very favorite children's book, and as an adult, i still read it at least once every 6 months. it was out of print for a looong time, so kudos to holt for bringing it back. teaches kids that it's ok to look/be a little weird...that weirdness can be a real asset!!! just the best book.
on 27 December 1998
I have looked and looked for this book because it was out of print for some time. I have an old paperback copy, but it is getting pretty worn. I was delighted to find I could order it here, and in hardback no less! This is one of my favorite books!
on 15 February 2014
This is a great story portraying the meaning of true love. It demonstrates how everyone is valuable and that we should judge people by their attributes not their physical appearance. This was my favourite childhood picture book.
on 2 April 2015
Preferred the original book with matt cover but the story remains excellent.