on 3 April 2014
This has to be the most comprehensive modelling instruction book I have ever bought. I just love it, it is easy to follow, the illustrations are brilliant and they just make me want to get making the characters. This book would even be suitable for a novice as the instructions are so good, i have been doing cake decorating for about 6 years now and and have made many models but i just know i will improve with this book. It is also full of extremely useful tips, and she explains things in easy to understand terms. I just know this book is going to be well used by me. Suzie doesn't just stop at the instructions for the models, she also tells you how to make the little extras that are on the cakes. She has excelled with this book and I truly hope she will be publishing more in the future , I would certainly buy anything by her now. Buy this book now, you will not be disappointed.
on 23 May 2014
This is a great book. I believe it would be helpful for professional cake decorators as well as new/experimental ones. Nothing it too complicated and the text and pictures together make it very easy to follow. In particular I like that the author offers guidance on making the backgrounds and accessories with each creature. The only reason I didn't rate this with 5 stars is that I think the range and breadth of content could be diverse, and whilst I like the creations, a section on space aliens, didn't really fit with my expectations. That said, I'd happily buy the next publication to broaden my collection. Favourites are: a cheeky monkey on a banana crate, a grinning cat fishing on a tower of waves and a great fun parrot defying gravity on a tree branch.
on 14 June 2014
I love it. No wasted chapters giving me recipes I already have and instructions how to cover cakes when I already know. It is a book on modelling full of idea son modelling. suitable for beginners to intermediate and for the more experienced who suffer from spacial awareness( I always struggle with proportions)
on 22 May 2014
A lovely book, with a good selection of characters to model, the instructions are clear with pictures at each stage, ideas for the whole cake setting. The book is suitable for all levels, including complete novices. I had never modelled a character before but I made two of the characters from this book with ease and was really pleased with the results. I would recommend this book.
on 20 April 2014
This is a lovely, big book, choc full of modelled characters including farm animals, fairies, aliens etc - in fact anything you'd need for a lovely character cake.

What I particularly like about this book is the detailed step-by-step photography - so many modelling books leave you guessing, but not this one. It is a BIG book and the author has taken great cake to ensure that anyone, from beginner up can make one of her sweet characters.

Another very useful feature is the excellent colour chart included in the front of the book - it really is a useful reference tool, something you'll come back to time and again.
on 15 April 2014
I live in Singapore and purchased this book to help me make my daughter’s birthday cakes and it is honestly the best book I have ever bought for cake design.

It is so colourful and full of top tips, hints and the best tutorials. It covers everything from fairies to monsters and has chapters of tropical animals, safari animals and zoo animals etc. It even has a colour chart showing all the different colours you get get from colour paste pots in different tones. I LOVE this book and cannot wait to get started using it.

If you're looking for ideas for the next 20 kids' parties, this is the book for you!
on 4 April 2014
This is a truly amazing sugar crafting book.weather you are a complete beginner or have been sugar crafting for a while.It has the best step by step instructions I've ever seen.and lots of tips to.well done Suzi.I hope this will be the first of many books to come.
on 6 April 2014
I was new to Sugar craft when I tried this so it was the perfect. The instructions are clear and the photos are brilliant. I would highly recommend to anyone considering working with sugar craft characters!
on 15 November 2015
I'm a novice and I must say this is an excellent book. The steps are very easy to follow and the results are superb. I've attached pictures of two of the characters that I've created so far. Sorry the giraffe is sideways, but hopefully this provides a demonstration of what can be achieved.
review image review image
on 28 January 2016
Disappointed to have received the American version. If Amazon had stated that on the posting, I would never have bought it. As the book is about sugarpaste modelling, thankfully it doesn't cause any major issues.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse