Customer reviews

Colour: Red|Style: Compost Bin|Change

on 7 August 2013
I ordered this bin because the description states the bin liner had a handle and the lid had a suction pad. This is what i needed however the bin i was sent didn't have any of these qualities. I contacted the company who requested photos of the bin i don't know why as its their product i eventually got around to doing this for then however they claimed they didn't receive them I then had to email them again and this time was told it was too long since my initial enquiry for them to do anything. My advice is to steer clear of this company.
on 5 August 2015
Not good the inside container is hard to get out when filled with food and the lid falls down into the food which ends up dirty . Bought another one from a kitchen shop as this one was useless.
on 2 April 2016
Returned Item, very low quality. Already have one brought on the high stree which looks exactly the same, hence buying a second one but quality not even close to original despite looking the same on picture.
on 10 February 2016
Not very good , there is no seal on the lid allowing small insects to enter and smell to escape, also there is no handle on the internal bucket making it very difficult to remove when full.
A waste of money as I have had to purchas another one in its place
on 11 March 2017
really cute
on 1 September 2017
Looks lovely in our kitchen just the right size
on 13 July 2017
Good quality. But much smaller than expected so I have to empty it several times a day.
on 24 July 2017
Hopeless because no handles on plastic container - consequent unable to get out!
on 1 May 2017
One of the handles fell off almost immediately
on 13 September 2013
Upon receipt of this item I discovered that it is not as described. There is no handle to the inner bucket and there is no airtight seal. Below is the message I sent to the seller on 29th August:

------------- Begin message -------------

Hello.

Your Amazon listing describes this item as "It comes complete with an air tight seal around the lid to ensure no nasty smells escape and there is a handle to the inner bucket inside that pulls out so that your hands do not get dirty."

The item I received features neither, though it looks like the picture on the listing. It is not fit for purpose without an airtight seal, and removing the inner bucket is difficult with no handle.

I am unhappy with this purchase as I feel it is not as described.

Please advise if a replacement with the features you list can be sent, or how to proceed with a return.

------------- End message -------------

And here is the reply I got on the same day:

------------- Begin message -------------

I am very sorry to hear you are not happy with your item.

I have checked with the warehouse and unfortunately the item does not come with a air tight seal around the lid. There is an error with our listing and I will look to get this rectified as quickly as possible.

I am very sorry about this.

I would like to arrange to get the item collected from you and once back in the warehouse we will process a full refund for you.

Kind Regards

HDL Customer Services

--- End message ---

HDL did indeed send a courier to collect the item and today I received notification from Amazon that the refund should be in my account within 10 days. However, today is September 13th and the listing has still not been updated. Having worked with Amazon sellers I know that it does not take two weeks to update a listing. Perhaps it has slipped off HDL's to-do list in error, but future purchasers should be aware of the error in description.

The customer service from HDL upon pointing out the difference between listing and reality was good, but they really ought to ensure their listings are accurate and updated quickly when mistakes are discovered.