- Hardcover: 267 pages
- Publisher: University of California Press (27 Mar. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0520272218
- ISBN-13: 978-0520272217
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.3 x 22.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,479,025 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Prehistory of Home Hardcover – 27 Mar 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"A captivating, thought-provoking treatise."--"Jrnl Middle Atlantic Archaeology"
"A captivating, thought-provoking treatise."--"Journal Middle Atlantic Archaeology"
From the Inside Flap
"The Prehistory of Home addresses a topic of widely shared interest, and provides easy-to-understand evidence and well-argued interpretations. Jerry Moore is deft with words, phrasing, and building arguments, shifting effortlessly between antiquity and today while keeping the themes of home and prehistory clear. Alongside the rigorous archaeological and scientific research, Moore's wit and personality shine throughout."--Wendy Ashmore, coauthor of Household and Community in the Mesoamerican PastSee all Product description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
A great read, not only as an outstanding contribution to the field of anthropology but also a clear example of an outstanding writer's ability to engage the reader.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Customs
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > By Period > Prehistoric
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology