PID and Predictive Control of Electrical Drives and Power Converters Using MATLAB / Simulink (IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering) Hardcover – 24 Dec 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Electrical drives play a critical role in electromechanical energy conversions. They are the fundamental building blocks in manufacturing, transportation, mineral processing, wind energy and many other industries.
This book presents methods for design and implementation of PID and predictive control of electrical drives and grid connected three phase power converters with emphasis on meeting operational constraints while optimizing performance. The authors share their experiences in actual design and implementation of the control systems on laboratory test–beds, taking readers from the fundamentals through to the sophisticated design and analysis.
- Brings together both classical control systems and predictive control systems in a logical style from introductory through to advanced levels
- Demonstrates how simulation and experimental results are used to support theoretical analysis and the proposed design algorithms
- Gives MATLAB and Simulink tutorials to show the readers how to apply theoretical concepts
- Includes MATLAB and Simulink software for teaching purposes
- A companion website with Simulink/MATLAB and xPC Target Programs is available
PID and Predictive Control of Electrical Drives and Power Converters using MATLAB/Simulink is an excellent resource for researchers and industrial engineers, as well as graduate students and senior undergraduates on electrical engineering courses.
About the Author
Liuping Wang is Professor of Control Engineering at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia. She has been working on PID control systems and system identification for over 20 years and, together with her research group, Professor Wang has generated the research outcomes that have significantly improved the performance of computer numerical control (CNC) machines, leading to a new understanding of electric motor control and regenerative power supplies. She has published numerous articles on the subject.
Shan Chai, Dae Yoo, Lu Gan and Ki Ng are PhD students working under the supervision of Professor Wang and are part of the research team that has produced, and is producing, new approaches and new understanding of the electrical motor control and the control of regenerative power supplies.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering