Model Predictive Control System Design And Implementation Using Matlab® (Advances In Industrial Control) Paperback – 10 Dec 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
“This monograph gives an introduction to model predictive control and recent developments in its design and implementation using Matlab and Simulink. The book is aimed at a wide readership ranging from industrial control engineers to graduate students in the process and control disciplines.” (IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol. 30, August, 2010)
“The book gives an introduction to Model Predictive Control (MPC), and recent developments in design and implementation. … The book’s approach is expected to appeal to a wide readership ranging from the industrial control engineer to the postgraduate student in the process and control disciplines. Both will find the MATLAB demonstrations of the control concepts a valuable tutorial route to understanding MPC in practice.” (Karl-Heinz Waldmann, Zentralblatt MATH, Vol. 1200, 2011)
From the Back Cover
Model Predictive Control (MPC) is unusual in receiving on-going interest in both industrial and academic circles. Issues such as plant optimization and constrained control which are critical to industrial engineers are naturally embedded in its designs.
Model Predictive Control System Design and Implementation Using MATLAB® proposes methods for design and implementation of MPC systems using basis functions that confer the following advantages:
• continuous- and discrete-time MPC problems solved in similar design frameworks;
• a parsimonious parametric representation of the control trajectory gives rise to computationally efficient algorithms and better on-line performance; and
• a more general discrete-time representation of MPC design that becomes identical to the traditional approach for an appropriate choice of parameters.
After the theoretical presentation, detailed coverage is given to three industrial applications: a food extruder, a motor and a magnetic bearing system. The subject of quadratic programming, often associated with the core optimization algorithms of MPC is also introduced and explained.
The technical contents of this book, mainly based on advances in MPC using state-space models and basis functions – to which the author is a major contributor, will be of interest to control researchers and practitioners, especially of process control. From a pedagogical standpoint, this volume includes numerous simple analytical examples and every chapter contains problems and MATLAB® programs and exercises to assist the student.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Computer Aided Design
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Automatic Control
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Robotics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering