- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton (12 Sept. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1444750283
- ISBN-13: 978-1444750287
- Product Dimensions: 14.4 x 2.2 x 19.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 298,600 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Preaching and Preachers Paperback – 12 Sep 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'To me the work of preaching is the highest and the greatest and the most glorious calling to which anyone can ever be called.' - Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones
About the Author
Dr Martin Lloyd-Jones was a qualified physician who, in 1927, left medical practice and became a church minister in South Wales. He then became Minister of Westminster Chapel, London, a position he held for thirty years until his retirement in 1968. His books include PREACHING AND PREACHERS and the GREAT DOCTRINES SERIES.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Spoiler: To illustrate his conservative attitude, Lloyd-Jones disapproves the recording and retransmission of sermons in any form and regards printed sermons, or collections of some, as being of some limited value but excludes these from the realm of preaching as such. He regards the practice of student ministers or preachers reviewing video of themselves preaching as "an abomination", which only serves to make them more self-conscious.