Practice Psychometric Tests: How to familiarise yourself with genuine recruitment tests and get the job you want Paperback – 28 Jan 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
Following the success of Andrea Shavicks Passing Psychometric Tests and Psychometric Tests for Graduates comes this book, crammed full of even more genuine practice psychometric tests from SHL Group plc, the biggest test publisher in the world.
These are the tests used by over 95% of the FTSE 100 companies to select their staff, as do the police, the Civil Service, local authorities, the Armed Forces, the Fire Service, financial institutions, retail companies, the communications industry, the motor industry, the IT industry, the power industry..... the list is endless. So if youre looking for a job, you need this book! It includes:
· 52 genuine practice tests from SHL Group plc, the biggest test publisher in the world.
· Over 400 questions covering verbal, numerical, abstract and spatial reasoning, mechanical comprehension, fault diagnosis, accuracy and personality, including the popular OPQ 32 personality questionnaire.
· Tips on how to improve your performance in every category of test.
PLUS valuable advice about:
· Online psychometric tests.
· Whether or not its possible to cheat!
· How to improve your exam technique, speed up and concentrate.
Above all this book will give you the three things you need to pass psychometric tests: information, confidence, and lots and lots of practice.
About the Author
Recruitment expert Andrea Shavick is an established writer and broadcaster who has written numerous articles on job hunting, CV preparation and interview technique. She is also the author of Passing Psychometric Tests, and Psychometric Tests for Graduates for How To Books, and Landing Your First Job.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Answers are given at the end of each section, but without explanation. This makes it difficult to work out why one made mistakes in some sections, such as Abstract Reasoning.
Another big minus point is that the tests in this books (published 2005) are merely a superset of the tests in the author's other book "Psychometric Tests for Graduates (2003)". This means that if, like me, you have previously purchased "Psychometric Tests for Graduates", then it is probably not worth paying the money to purchase this one.
This book is good for practice, you can check your answers after performing the exercise. Herein lies the limit of the book: it is just practice. It does not explain, neither does it delve deeply into the mechanics of each answer so it is a good book to supplement another similar resource in much the same way that practice tests online are. If you want detailed explanations go for a more suitable alternative such as:
How to Pass Numerical Reasoning Tests: A Step-by-Step Guide to Learning Key Numeracy Skills
Or other test specific publications.
In the dire need to reiterate, this is simply practice.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very useful book with wide variety of tests. Begins with easier tests leading to more difficult ones.Published 18 months ago by Sandy
very limited value if looking for higher level tests ie managerial/professional ..
no explanations ..not much use really
Found most of the tests very useful. I passed a company psychometric test which I think I would have failed if it were not for the tips in this book.Published on 2 Nov. 2013 by C V Spall
Get what it says on the tin, a variety of texts, not seen anything too different in other similar books.Published on 23 Oct. 2013 by Books2read
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Career Guides
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Human Resources Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Interviewing & Recruitment
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Methodology > Psychometrics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Methodology > Testing & Measurement