on 6 November 2014
Frustrating as the exercises present words and phrases with no explanation of what they mean and yet you are expected to answer the questions. A lot of time is wasted searching for translations rather than actually learning. I found that using an online interactive method of learning much more intuitive and quicker to learn.
on 9 July 2015
I am unable to write a complete review as I have only worked through the first chapter. I have shown the book and it's contents to a Mexican friend of mine who has stated that the book is very comprehensive. Upon undertaking the exercises in the first chapter, I was often needing to consult my friend about the meaning of several words. I have studies Spanish on and off for a while now and there were still several items that I could not translate. If you are a complete beginner, I would recommend obtaining a dictionary app or a Spanish speaking helper to clarify the meaning and pronunciation of some key terms. Overall I am happy with the purchase and can foresee this resource being a valuable addition to my learning materials.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2015
Despite all the online apps to learn Spanish, I find this text book brilliant. But it's not for the very beginners though!
on 23 November 2015
Wonderful book as are all of the PMP series. A must have book to learn or brush up the Spanish language.
on 25 April 2014
This book has become a very good aid for me in my Spanish studies and when finished I will be ordering
on 2 January 2015
Amazing book, fast delivery!!! Highly recommend!
on 29 November 2015
Perfecto
on 8 September 2014
Much better books around. Laid out in a confused manner
on 19 September 2013
This book was offered on Kindle, so when it had not been delivered by a week after the promised date, I contacted Amazon, to be told the book was not available electronically. I was able to cancel my order, but disappointed at being unable to access the book, as for various reasons it was not convenient to buy the hard copy. Amazon usually give very good service, so I was surprised that this anomaly was able to occur.
I would like to be able to try this book on Kindle if it should become available in the future