The Practice of Global Citizenship Paperback – 14 Oct 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'An outstanding contribution to our understanding of cosmopolitanism, global justice, and human rights. Drawing on his rich and insightful field research among unauthorized immigrants and activists, Cabrera compellingly illuminates the myriad practices of global citizenship actively taking shape within the current international system.' Patrick Hayden, University of St Andrews
'A challenging, innovative account of the responsibilities and practice of global citizenship. An excellent and important book for anyone interested in cosmopolitanism, immigration, global justice, or the institutional transformations that would yield vast improvements for so many who suffer needlessly under our current arrangements.' Gillian Brock, University of Auckland
A true global citizen should contribute directly to human rights protections and advocate rights-enhancing political integration between states. Luis Cabrera blends a careful moral argument with gripping stories of the struggles of unauthorized immigrants, activists seeking to protect their rights, and the 'Minutemen' activists who strive to keep them out.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Political History
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism > Civil Rights & Citizenship
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy