The Practice of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy: Creating Connection (Basic Principles Into Practice Series) Paperback – 16 Sep 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Sue Johnson's "The Practice of Emotionally Focused Marital Therapy is a truly remarkable book. In it, Johnson pulls off the extremely rare combination of speaking in a voice that is accessible and clinically meaningful to couple therapists yet remaining solidly anchored in research evidence. This is the definitive text describing Emotionally Focused Marital Therapy, one of the few approaches to marital therapy that has been proven to be effective. Filled with clinical vignettes and hands-on examples of what to do when, this book should be of great value to all couple therapists. Poignant and well written, it is certain to be a classic in the field of marital therapy.
-Jay Lebow is a senior therapist at the Family Institute at Northwestern and Clinical Associate Professor at Northwestern University
"The leading couple therapist of our day has done it again! This brilliantly revised and expanded work will make learning and doing this highly effective, empirically validatedform of therapy much easier. This book will find a prominent place in the minds, hearts, and libraries of all serious couple therapists, and countless couples and families will benefit as a result. Bravo Sue Johnson!."
-Scott R. Woolley, Ph.D., Director, MFT Graduate Programs, CSPP, Alliant International University
"Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT) is a deceptively simple approach to work with couples in therapy because the tenets, practices, and integration are so clear because there clearly is a lot of art to doing this work. The book is nicely written with sufficient technical language to be useful and at the same time eminently accessible and enjoyable to read. This edition provides moredetail than the first about the processes involved both internally and interpersonally between partners. The steps in therapy also are described in more detail and the chapters on working with trauma and families are new. I believe that the book would be useful for both those new to the approach and as a reference for more experienced therapists. Recommended for graduate students and experienced therapists.."
-Thorana S. Nelson, Ph.D/Utah State University
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Marriage
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling > Family Therapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Relationships > Weddings
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services