A Practical Guide to Teaching Modern Foreign Languages in the Secondary School (Routledge Teaching Guides) Paperback – 30 Oct 2006
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'What makes this book so good is its practical design and clear layout. The suggested activities contribute to a deepening of understanding on the topics presented while encouraging teachers to reflect on their own practice. The summaries provided at the end of each chapter give the reader an opportunity to revisit the main concepts. A good selection of useful websites is also suggested linking the content of the different articles with different online resources such as policies, related publications and video-clips ... I would recommend this book as a companion to developing teaching practice of MFL trainee teachers and NQTs, as it provides a well balanced selection of tasks and guidance for further reading and research.' – ESCalate, Higher Education Academy
About the Author
Dr Norbert Pachler is Associate Dean: Initial and Continuing Professional Development and Co-Director for the Centre of Excellence in Work-based Learning for Education Professionals at the Institute of Education, University of London. He was previously Subject Leader for the Secondary PGCE in Modern Foreign Languages and Course Leader for the MA in Modern Languages in Education.
Ana Redondo is Lecturer in Education in the School of Culture, Language and Communication at the Institute of Education, University of London. She is currently a part-time tutor on the Secondary PGCE in Modern Foreign Languages, and is also a part-time Head of Modern Languages and Senior Teacher at a London secondary school.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory > Modernism
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > School Systems > Secondary
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Teacher Training
- Books > Languages
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > School Books
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Methodology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology