- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Practical and Professional Clinical Skills Paperback – 15 Sep 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Dr Vinod Patel is Associate Professor in Clinical Skills at Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick. He is also Honorary Consultant Physician in Endocrinology and Diabetes, Acute Medicine and Medical Obstetrics at the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. Whilst his specialist area of research is prevention of diabetic complications, he has a passion for clinical diabetes care. He is jointly qualified in Hospital Medicine and General Practice and has this has allowed him to work across the primary care/secondary care interface and improve effectiveness in delivery of diabetes care for the local Community. His Diabetes Care Team was instrumental in developing the "Alphabet Strategy" for patient-centred, evidence-based, multi-professional diabetes care. This preventative and treatment-orientated strategy has been taught in numerous courses and seminars across UK and at two workshops in Bahrain, which were sponsored by the UN Development Programme. John Morrissey is Honorary Associate Clinical Professor at the Medical School, University of Warwick. Prior to his retirement from clinical practice he was Clinical Lead for Diabetes at the George Eliot Hospital, Nuneaton, Warwickshire. He has also worked in acute and general internal medicine and as a general practitioner. He now works full time in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education. His main interests in medical education are clinical skills teaching, medical humanities and professionalism.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book is certainly worth a look if you are a medical student wishing to improve your clinical skills. It provides a novel approach to mastering this complex material.
It breaks down the clinical topics into clinical skills, examination, emergency management and common presentations, and provides excellent templates that you can use to test yourself or your clinical partner. There is a neat summary of each topic which makes grasping the essentials much easier than weighty, more detailed reference books. The concept provides a framework for your revision, and you can use the book as you see patients on the wards to ensure you cover the key points. The focus is on thinking of how you would manage the patient in the early, intermediate and later stages with advice on history & examination, investigations, differentials and management.
The book is very comprehensive, covering practical skills such as cannulation and ABG, as well as core clinical topics including history taking and basic examination. There is an excellent section on emergencies and common presentations that really gets to the heart of what you need to know.
I thoroughly suggest you take a look inside the book and see if it is for you.
Once you buy it, you can access the test templates online for free. Extremely useful for finals revision!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Research & Equipment > Medical Diagnosis
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z