- Paperback: 228 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 4 edition (21 Aug. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521779405
- ISBN-13: 978-0521779401
- Product Dimensions: 17.4 x 1.2 x 24.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 568,387 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Practical Physics 4ed Paperback – 21 Aug 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Dr Squires has made a very worthwhile contribution to the surprisingly small number of modern textbooks available on this subject.' New Scientist
'I envy Squire's students! All other students should wish to own this book for the wealth of advice it gives them …'. Contemporary Physics
'This is a quite invaluable book for those at, or nearing, undergraduate level.' The Times Educational Supplement
'… a distillation of the wisdom acquired through many years of undergraduate teaching and will surely establish itself as an integral feature of physics courses and associated teaching laboratories all over the world.' British Book News
This classic companion to undergraduate experimental work in physics covers the statistical treatment of data, experimental methods, and gives advice on keeping efficient records, calculations, and scientific writing. It contains numerous examples and exercises. This new up-to-date edition includes further statistics, new experimental material, and worked examples based on spreadsheets.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
BUY it that simple.
If your doing a physics, engineering, degree, or any practical science, will help you reach the next level of thinking.
WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was taught by Dr Squires. The new edition is a must have for anyone who needs to understand how experimental errors affect your conclusions.Published 16 months ago by Kanning
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Experiments, Instruments & Measurements > Equipment & Techniques
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > States of Matter
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Research & Development