Practical Industrial Safety, Risk Assessment and Shutdown Systems (IDC Technology (Paperback)) Paperback – 23 Jan 2004
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This exciting new Practical IDC series of book from Newnes provides profession-level resources in key and emerging technologies" Health & Safety at Work, March 04
'It is a work that will probably be purchased by those who are undergoing training in the subject matter, and will form a valuable teaching resource in that context.'
Health and Safety at Work. October 2004
About the Author
Dave Macdonald has worked as an instrumentation engineer for the past thirty-five years mainly in the chemical industries. He has been working for IDC Technologies for the past four years in the rapidly growing Safety Instrumentation area and has presented and consulted in North America, the UK, Ireland, South Africa and Australia in this area to wide acclaim.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It is a useful overview. There are few if any alternatives.
Might now be a bit dated, with the changes to the european Machinery Directive and newer standards like EN ISO 13849.
Some of the content looked to be previously delivered in a "workshop".
(References to the workshop were left in, which I feel casual editing should have caught)
Some of the content appeared to be re-cycled safety equipment manufacturer's information. Bit of a hodge podge.
Useful, but you could get it for free from the original source.
I would have liked to see the case studies developed at the beginning, and worked through to the end.
(ie description, risk assessment, safety design, validation)
For the american market, dependent as it is on liability cases, it might have been interesting to see a summary of case law.
Some actual accident investigations from the european end might have been useful.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Health & Safety
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Health & Safety
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering