Practical Golf Course Maintenance: The Magic of Greenkeeping Hardcover – 14 Dec 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The revised, bestselling resource of practical, nontechnical advice for maintaining and operating a golf course
Practical Golf Course Maintenance, Third Edition presents the latest information and techniques for providing first–rate upkeep and management operations for any golf course. This book′s, clear, step–by–step coverage, unencumbered by technical language, includes critical advice on maintaining consistent bunkers, sand top–dressing and aerifying, pesticide storage, and other emerging technologies, as well as mowing techniques for greens, fairways, and tees and much more!
This updated Third Edition offers reliable, state–of–the–art guidance and hundreds of helpful tips with:
- Major revisions throughout to address the latest information on computer– operated irrigation systems, new equipment for all aspects of course maintenance, water quality and conservation issues, and managing people
- A clear approach that avoids technical language and scientific citations while delivering practical advice that can be immediately applied on the course
- Coverage of all aspects of course maintenance from tee to green, along with guidance on managing the course for the rules of the game and managing the business aspects of course management and maintenance
Practical Golf Course Maintenance, Third Edition is a valuable tool for golf course owners, architects, builders, golfers, golf professionals, club managers, and superintendents, as well as greens committee members, irrigation specialists, field managers, turfgrass specialists, real estate developers, and landscape architects.
About the Author
The late GORDON WITTEVEEN started the Canadian Golf Superintendents Association in 1965 and served as its first secretary. He served on the Board of Directors of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America and was a past recipient of the GCSAA′s Distinguished Service Award and the Leo Feser Award. He started The Green Masters magazine and served as its editor for five years.
MICHAEL BAVIER (retired) was the longtime superintendent of Inverness Golf Club near Chicago. During his career, he served as president of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America and was a past recipient of the GCSAA′s Distinguished Service Award. He is a frequent speaker on the Turf Conference Tour, both in North America and overseas.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book should also be a part of any library that individuals seeking a career in golf course management should have.
Great job of writing and sharing pertinent information by two well recongnized individuals in the golf/turf industry!
Bruce R. Williams
Certified Golf Course Superintendent
Past President of GCSAA