- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (5 April 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470671203
- ISBN-13: 978-0470671207
- Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 1.7 x 25.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 244,798 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Practical Flow Cytometry in Haematology Diagnosis Hardcover – 5 Apr 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
“I would particularly recommend this book to haematology trainees, as an introduction to, but not as a replacement for, a period spent in an immunophenotyping laboratory.” (British Journal of Haematology, 14 November 2014)
“There is no doubt that this book will find its way firmly onto the bookshelf in every laboratory, and into the work bags of many trainees.” (Haem Trainee, 1 January 2014)
“This is a concise and very practical guide to the use of flow cytometry in hematological and hematopathological diagnosis. While not as detailed in immunophenotyping intricacies as other books of its kind, it shines with its practical approach and expert guidance applied to current clinical practice.” (Doody’s, 19 July 2013)
From the Back Cover
The accurate diagnosis of haematologic malignancies is a complex and challenging task. It routinely involves morphologic, molecular, cytogenetic and flow cytometric expertise. To determine what treatment protocol will be followed, it is vital to integrate, interpret and report these results accurately.
Flow cytometry is key in this diagnostic pathway.
This book guides the reader as to how flow cytometry results should be interpreted and applied to optimize patient care. At the core of this text is an appreciation of clinical, morphological and immunophenotypic correlation and the importance of constant liaison and discussion between the medical and scientific teams.
The authors present a logical and practical approach to the diagnosis of blood disorders (both neoplastic and reactive) and evaluate the diagnostic applications of flow cytometry.
Practical Flow Cytometry in Haematology Diagnosis provides:
• A clinical reference source on all aspects of flow cytometry, covering both malignant and benign conditions
• Carefully chosen real–life cases in each chapter, complemented by high quality morphological images
• Help in making a diagnosis, together with an understanding of the limitations of the technique and the potential pitfalls
All those who instigate, perform, interpret or act upon flow cytometry patient material will find this book an invaluable guide.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Haematology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Research & Equipment > Medical Diagnosis
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z