- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Powerful Marketing On A Shoestring Budget: For Small Businesses Paperback – 10 Dec 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Born in Yorkshire, Dee Blick is an award-winning Chartered Marketer. Over the past 24 years she has worked with hundreds of small businesses, helping them to grow through marketing on a small budget. Dee also writes for many business magazines and websites, sharing marketing advice and tips. Most recently she has featured on the BBC and radio as a marketing entrepreneur. In the last two years Dee has won three advertising and PR awards and in this book she shares her winning approach. Dee now lives in Sussex with her husband, her two sons and 14 chickens.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
- It covers every aspect of Marketing, offline and online, from Flyers to SEO
- Each section has a number of case studies from the authors clients & contacts which really helps prove that the tips and practices actually work in the "Real World"
- It is very clear that the author has lived and breathed marketing for years, and has the scars and experience of things going right, and wrong, to be able to confidently explain what works.
- There is a clear empathy of the issues that face small businesses, especially in the current Economic Climate, when business owners can not afford to waste money on things that do not bring a return.
- The book is sectioned in such a way that as well as flowing really well if you read it cover to cover, it can also be read by just going to the sections that particularly interest you. For instance I had a stand at a Business Exhibition recently, and so I read the sections of the book again on Exhibitions - It was a great success and I had a number of comments about how great the stand looked - and it was all done with a really small budget!
If you only buy one Business book this year, make sure it's this one - You won't regret it!
What makes Powerful Marketing on a Shoestring Budget outstanding is not the fact that it is choc-full of all the keys to building sales in a small business but more importantly it is has an easy to read message, a message which can readily applied to get significant, long term results - without having a degree or an in-house marketer!
It is well structured and can be read from the start to end, it is also excellent as a reference book - you are planning an exhibition then go straight to that chapter, likewise for all the distinct marketing areas from telesales to e-marketing, from direct mail to PR.
All key directives are backed by understandable genuine case studies which show how they can be swiftly applied in the real world.
This is not a book for students of marketing or academics. Its narrative is not an analogous character-led storybook of the Blanchard/Gerber genre. It is a genuine How-to-market-my-business manual 101 aka How-to-significantly-boost-my-sales manual for the business owner.
Dee's clear and concisely written book will enpower SME owners to grow their business - fact - all you need to do now is -FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS -ACT NOW!!!
I have had all types of marketing and PR advice since starting my business and read many books, most of which were gobbledegook that didn't come cheap! This book is so user friendly with actual tips rather than just blurb for you to put plans into action. I have already developed a new marketing plan that I believe to be achievable. There are also examples of real businesses that have followed some of the methods and shown their success.
I would buy this book for any friend or colleague going into business as I think it's an essential item to have on your desk! Banks should give them out for free for every new business customer they take on board.
I found the book so down to earth and easy to understand. I could relate to the topics that Dee covered and so far have put a few of the chapters into practice.
We recently won an award and the chapter on how to win with PR came in very useful. We learnt how to write a press release and how to make the most of the media coverage.
Also another chapter was on the secrets of successful networkers, as I am a shy person I found reading the experiences of other businesses inspiring and also the way Dee covered the chapter came across so friendly and the thoughts I was having with regards to natural fears about business networking were in the book so it made me feel I wasn't the only one and it has given me the initiative and confidence to work through them.
Powerful Marketing on a Shoestring Budget will always be on my desk for reference, it is like a bible to me.
I would definitely recommend this book to any business as I found it so inspiring and has given me the drive to expand our business.
Although the book is aimed at the small business, it would be invaluable reading for larger companies who have lost the personal approach. I currently run a business and have done so for a number of years and have worked with several experienced marketing `professionals', most of whom I have become frustrated and uncomfortable with because they simply could not understand the needs of a small business.
Dee not only perfectly understands the small business (lets face if she has built up a very successful one of her own), but has written her book with a passion and warmth, that makes reading it in my own time, at the end of the day, pleasant and inspiring.
I have particular praise for the sections on cold calling, a necessary but for many terrifying part of most small business owners working life. Dee does not go for the more usual "volume and thick skin" approach, but prefers the more respectful, ethical and altogether less stressful approach of relationship building.
It is wonderful after all these years, to find a book on marketing that is readable, effective and principled. Thank you Dee.