on 6 May 2008
I have had a powerball for about 3 weeks and can get around 10.5k, so i'm not a complete noob.

I got my Foot Trainer delivered yesterday despite the other bad reviews- i though "It can't be that bad".

Its basically unusable. It took me hours to get to the point where i could keep it spinning for more than a couple of seconds. Starting isnt a problem if you really go for it in your hand and give yourself time to get it into the cradle before it stops. Its incredibly awkward to keep it going and potentially dangerous for your Powerball- the strap worked its way off my foot and my ball was sent flying into the wall. Not impressed.

I tried running it in my hand in the cradle for a while, and as soon as you get above 7 or 8k, the lid flys off, so its not even strong enough for normal use.
0Comment| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 March 2009
I find this product extremly difficult to use. I cannot get the powerball into the foot excersiser quick enough to spin it around before the powerball slows down. I think that I just need more practice.
on 21 May 2008
Some reviewers have said that the device is unusable, this is untrue, it does work BUT is incredibly awkward to get going and to keep going.

I've had a decent amount of time trying to use it now and have found it to be a VERY frustrating product to use. Mine is now broken due to it being so difficult to attach the 2 parts securely in place while the gyroscope in in motion, mine separated in use and smashed into a wall breaking it.
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 January 2010
I purchased this in conjunction with a powerball and was extremely disappointed that it would not fasten correctly to hold the powerball in place. It has three clips to hold the powerball in place and because of the size/shape was not quite correct you could only get two out of the three fastened at any one point. This meant that you can not use the powerball in it as it would just fall out immediately. VERY DISAPPOINTING purchase!
on 28 March 2008
I bought this when only the wife beater had given it a 5 star review. So not only did he knock his wife out but he knocked 10 of my precious £'s right down the drain. I agree with the other 2 sane reviewers this product if designed in a way that it could actually work it would be brilliant. I don't need to say anymore the other two reviews pretty much sum up this bit of junk.
22 Comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 February 2008
There have been many mistakes in history - 1912 Captain Smith ( titanic) what iceberg, 1938 Neville Chamberlain - peace in our time, Eric to wife-
this foot trainer looks like a good idea to help your ligament damage heal!What a mistake!
On arrival the instructions are so vague as to be not worth the paper they are written on, Having finally assembled it and installed on wifes foot and started the powerball it had stopped by the time it was clipped into the cradle. After spending an hour repeating the senario we gave up and through it in the bin. I will never hear the end of this.
11 Comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 February 2008
this product doesnt work as it should.
i wonder if it has even been user tested.

why ?
because it is a tight fit; so can only insert powerball
when not spinning. and when you have done that it is not possible to get it spinning: no room left to insert your chord.

as it is; it's useless.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 August 2009
Waste of money. Hard to attach the power ball to this contraption. Thought I was getting something to help strengthen my foot!!!!!!!!!!! Not. Don't waste your time.
on 29 March 2009
I lost money here by ignoring the other reviewers' feedback. The cradle itself is made of a cheap plastic and there is no way to start the powerball with the device on your foot and the ball in place. As other reviewers have commented, you must start the ball and then try to insert it into the device; incredibly difficult. I got a lucky shot but was unable to keep the gyro moving for more than a few seconds. It's a shame 'cos the idea is there but poor design makes it unusable. Complete Rubbish; save your money!
on 9 June 2010
If you have the slightest bit of coordination in your feet then using this will not be a problem! You do not need to go a million miles an hour to get a workout out with it, simply just move your ankle up and down. I have suffered from bad ankle ligaments tears and this thing has worked wonders to get my ankle back to full strength!

So if you need to strengthen your ankles or your just looking to strengthen your lower legs, then go for it! Just dont expect to score high scores like you do wen using the powerball with your hands.

Dont listen to the bad reviews, they onbiously have no patience to generate the slighest bit of coordination in their feet!

The only reason I have rated it as a 4 star is becuase its the second one ive had to buy becuase I broke the other trying to pull the strap too tight!